Symptom 3

I WOULD say that one of the things I value most is honesty.

Nothing good ever comes out of lying, and nine times out of ten the truth comes out anyway. So why put the time and effort into lying when you can just full on tell the truth and get that shit over with.

Also lying just makes things worse in the end.

So trust me when I say who ever told you lying is good idea, is well, lying.

Now I am not saying that a person has to give their opinion on every single comment thrown their way nor am I saying that you have to share your secrets with the world.

I think everyone is entitled to a little privacy, and that your business is no ones but your own.

I am just saying that if someone asks you a question, either tell the truth...

Or say nothing at all.

-----

"I HATE that we don't talk anymore Jade." Trev breaks the comfortable silence that sat between us in the car.

I was hoping that we wouldn't converse in the short five minute drive back to the dorms. I wanted to instead just calmly listen to the breeze coming from the open windows. Enjoying the fact there was lass of a tension wafting between us.

That tension was brought back once again in full force by his statement, only this time it seemed to be pulling tighter.

"I know Trev." I nodded in his direction, my face revealing no emotion and my answer being even more elusive.

"You were my best friend Jade. My confidant. And honestly you were the best advice giver. The guys are dog shit at feelings. I am so lost without you." My heart softened at his words. I knew exactly what he meant by them.

I was the only one whoever understood his troubles. He being an only child and a child of the divorce, put a lot of pressure on him being perfect.

Although Trevor had nothing to worry about, nearly perfect grades, funny, charming and attractive, he was a complete catch.

His dad though, always harped on him for not pursuing an athletic career at a collegiate level. He was a star athlete, a triple threat in fact. He played football, winter track and lacrosse. Was captain for all three.

He decided since he didn't want to pursue any of them professionally though and had enough academic scholarships to pay for school. So he didn't see the point in playing college sports. He believed it would distract from his real dreams of becoming a doctor.

His dad saw him as a quitter. Not tough enough to take on the challenge.

His mom on the other hand was a completely different story.

I would love to say she was crazy, and had an obsessive relationship with her son. Or that she was cold and distant, making her son feeling inadequate, never receiving nurture.

I wish she was these things because it would explain Trevor's resentment towards his mother.

But alas, Trevor's mother is amazing.

She's not overbearing, but still encouraging. She knows how to cook and run a household while holding a steady job as a pharmacist, and running the store she works within.

She was the jack-of-all-trades, and incredibly mother.

Trevor didn't see it as such.

He was never rude, nor disrespectful towards her. Instead, he was distant and cold. Never wanting his mother involved in any part of his life, no matter how hard she tried. Nor no matter how much space she tried to give him.