Chapter 1 - Remembering your parents.

(y/n) - Your name

(h/l) - Hair length

(h/c) - Hair color

(h/t) - Home town

You walked out of your apartment, locking the door behind you before you walked out of the complex. The moon was high in the sky and the stars shone brightly, lighting your way. Even in (h/t) you saw stars. You smiled, your (h/l), (h/c) hair moved in the wind but it was a warm, summer night. You loved to walk at night, something you think you got from your father because you both always used to walk at night together. He would tell you beauty in the darkness and you soon started to walk every night.

Your mother was different. She hated the darkness but loved the light. She too always walked with you in the morning and tell you all about the light and how it could guide your way. You reached into your pocket and felt your small flashlight. You kept it on you in case the darkness was too much.

You frowned as you walked and sat on a beach, letting your head fall back so you could look at the stars. Your parents died three years ago in a car accident. You had moved out a year before that, but you still thought of them as if they never died. Sometimes you would see them. Your father in the growing shadows of the night and your mother in the rising morning light. You closed your eyes, remembering them.

One time, on a walk with your father when you were ten you ran into a mugger. He had a knife and wanted your fathers wallet. Your father stepped in front of you and you heard the man scream in fear before running away. You looked up at your father but when he turned to look at you, you could have sworn his face had horns and his teeth were sharp. It was only for a second, but you never forgot about the horns, the teeth or the mugger that ran away in fear when your father did or said nothing to him.

The same thing happened with your mother. You were out for a walk when you were nine and stopped at a park. You were sitting with your mother for a bit before playing again when a strange woman came and sat next to you both. She was muttering something under her breath. You made out the words needles and need. You saw your mother smile and handed you money as an ice cream truck came by. You ran to get your favorite and when you turned around, you saw wings folding into your mothers back and that strange woman waving at her before she ran off.

Both denied it but that wasn't the only time you saw it. You smiled again. It didn't matter. You would see them again one day and ask them again. Soon the warm breezed turned cold. You didn't have a jacket on as it never got cold at this time, so you took that as your call to leave. You opened your eyes and stood only for someone to grab your arm, bringing it behind you as his other hand went over your mouth before you could scream out in fear.

"Sleep, my dark princess." You heard a man with a deep yet smooth voice say. Soon your vision turned black and that last thing you felt was you being lifted into someone's arms as you fell into a deep slumber.