Chasing You (1)

Story edit by the most wonderful person that I ever knew, --starstruck--

K A I

“Did you get anything?” He asked, soon after the black metallic of his iPhone 7 was clasped against his ear.

His eyes roaming into space, peering up and down over the various sized buildings in the Seoul City. His feet stood still on the wooden floor outside his balcony while his other hand tucked tightly inside his sweatpants pocket.

On the other line, he could hear the shuffling sound before a soft sigh greeted him in return. “Kai, I have to admit that I am always good in finding people.” The voices started, “But, this girl was– I clearly don't have any idea how to find her. You just have her name Kai.. It would be easier if you had her picture or at least her full name.”

Kai shut his eyes and sighed in defeat. “Well, did you get anything then?”  He asked once again.

“I'm not sure if I got the right person but with the information that I’d gather from the club, there were two people who have the same name that you'd told me. Both of them put their drink under their own tab and both also happen to order a tequila.” He stopped as the sound of clicking could be heard in the background before he started to speak again.

“I sent you the pictures along with their background information to your email. You can check it right now—”

“ Wait, hyung, don't hang up yet.”

Kai immediately dragged his feet toward his study room as he ignores three pairs of eyes who threw him a curious look. The three of them wore a similar expression, a frown was forming on their smooth forehead and mouth gaped open. A handful of popcorn in their hands stopped midair as their heads slowly follow Kai’s direction until he disappears behind his study room door.

If Kai was not in his serious mood, he might have burst into a fit of laughter, his best friends’ expression was totally precious. But right now, he was a man in mission and he doesn't have time for it.

“Kai–” The voice spoke again as Kai quickly powered up his laptop and waited patiently for the device to come to life.

“I don't understand, you have plenty of women in your list, waiting for your call. I didn't expect you to be interested in someone who already has a serious relationship with someone else.”

Kai’s brow drew together. “What do you mean?”

“ Ermm, well— you see, Nancy Park– is engaged and she will be married at the end of this year and the other person is Nancy Lee. She— she’s just got divorced two months ago.”

Although they’d speak through the phone, Kai still could detect a sense of humour in his friend’s tone from the other line and Kai knew, right now, he was grinning from ear to ear like an idiot.

“W-what?” He asked in disbelief and soon after, a bubble of laughter was booming through the device.

“God, Kai– I have to be an honest here. I love you my friend but if the girl that you brought to your bed that night happened to be someone’s fiance. I will be the first one who backs off when that fiance of hers– pulls out his fist and lands it on your face. Of course, I'm not that kind of friend, but you deserve it, man–” He said in midst of his laughter.

Damn it, Jongdae hyung.

Kai swore under his breath as he quickly brings the arrow on the screen toward the email folder and hastily clicked it to open the content.