30: The Past (2)

The two siblings were sitting on a bench, in the nearby park. "Oppa! Oppa! Look! Doesn't that dog looks so cute?!" She pointed at the cute dog that is sitting down on the bench near them. "Yeah he does look cute" He replied before licking his mint chocolate ice cream, she giggled and started looking around with her caramel ice cream still on her right hand.

"Ah, oppa... look" She tapped her older brother's shoulder and pointed at a little girl, sitting alone on another bench that's not so far away from them. "Why?" He asked and looked at his sister. "She looks lonely" She replied then stared at her ice cream. "Hm, maybe her friends left her" He shrugged and continued eating his ice cream.

"Oppa... can you promise me... you'll never leave me... alone?" She blurted out that made Juwon a little surprised by the sudden question. "Why the sudden question?"

"I don't know, but... can you answer it please?" She pouted, that made him chuckle. "Yes of course, I'll never leave my little sister alone" He smiled and hugged her after finishing his ice cream.

~~~~~

Three days had passed since Haewon and Juwon's parents had that argument, and in that three days, they seemed... fine.

"Alright you two, get in the car" Their father said then ahjussi, their driver opened the door for the two. They went inside while laughing, probably because of the joke Juwon said.

"Where are we going, Mom?" Haewon asked and stuffed a candy onto her mouth. "We're going to our company" She smiled at her daughter, and the little kid looks excited.

While on the middle on of the main road, ahjussi turned left and entered the shortcut they always take. But suddenly stopped when a black van stopped in front of them. "What the—?!" Her father didn't had the chance to finish his sentence when three masked people came out of the van with guns on their hands.

"GET DOWN!" He shouted and made his children lower their heads. Gunshots and sobs were heard around the area. Another van stopped at their back, it was their bodyguards that followed them from behind but got left it out because of the traffic. "A-Ahjussi..." Juwon tried shaking their driver, his clothes were now red... it was his own blood. He wasn't moving anymore, and Juwon knew... he was already dead. Tears slowly fell down his cheeks, Haewon felt her brother crying so she wrapped her arms around him and comforted him the best she can.

Gunshots can still be heard, the 'unknown attackers' and their bodyguards were exchanging bullets with each other. But their parents knew who those 'unknown attackers' were. They were people who were paid to attack them by their company's enemy. The person who wanted to take them down, the person who wanted them to back out from their investor, and the person who wanted them... dead.

The car door opened, it startled the four of them but became relieved when it was one of their bodyguards who opened it. "We need to get you out of here ma'am, sir" He was trying to sound calm, probably to make the family calm too.

"Lets go!" He helped them went out the car while the other bodyguards were covering them from the attackers. "Don't stop until you finish all of them!" He shouted and all answered 'yes' at the same time. They thought it was finish, but another black van came, revealing another set of attackers. "Shit" He cursed and tried to think as quick as possible.

But before he could think, the wall or the line of bodyguards that were protecting the family broke. "Hon! Juwon!" Their father called, his wife and son were suddenly separated from them. "M-Mom! O-Oppa!" Haewon cried out.

She expect that... that was the last time she could hug her brother and see their mother.

Her tears slowly fell, because... Juwon didn't even have the chance to glance back at his sister.

"I thought you wouldn't leave me?"

~~~~~

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! I needed to focus in school for the passed few days and updating this slip out of my mind, I'm really sorry!

Also! I might publish a new book soooon~ or maybe not! It's either a publish a new one, or continue 'New Dream' (a Zhong Chenle ff), that's all for this chapter, see you on the next one!

Love you all! <3