Chapter 1 - moving day

before i start I just need to say a few things. This fanfic does not include Demi Lovato, she's just what Betsy looks like (when Demi had Red hair, I'll tag it). I do not have anything against Juliet, this is all made up. Now please enjoy this fanfic and vote, comment and share it!

PS. i may have writers block a few times, in which case i may give it time and/or ask for ideas from you lovely readers!

---------------------------------------

"All passengers flying from Stansted airport to Los Angeles can begin boarding at gate 4" It was time. I would be leaving my family for a new life in America. "Call us as soon as you're at your aunts" my mum sobbed, pulling me into a hug. I would be staying with my aunt until I had enough for an apartment of my own "We'll miss you, come back whenever you want and call or text whenever" My dad said hugging me. "I'll miss you both. I promise to call when I can" I said with tears growing from my eyes. I picked my hand luggage up, waved one last goodbye, and walked to gate 4 with my passport and boarding pass ready. I joined the back of the line. I saw a girl with bleach blonde hair, face full of makeup and looking as plastic as you could sneer at me. I was very confused. Was it what I was wearing? No, I'm just wearing a tie-dye Tonight Alive shirt,black jeans, red vans and an arm full of wristbands. Oh, I know. I bet because of all my wristbands she thought I was an 'emo' who cut. stupid stereotypes. I didn't cut, I wore wristbands because otherwise I felt insecure, as weird as that may sound. "ticket" a woman said while chewing her gum. "oh,yeah, sorry" I handed my passport and boarding past. "Have a nice flight, and you have great music taste" she pointed towards my wristbands which had a few bands like All Time Low, Pierce The Veil and Fall Out Boy. I didn't really listen to the scream music like Bring Me The Horizon, or this new band Black Veil Brides who are just getting big where I live. I only heard them once. I smiled at the woman and walked through that weird corridor-type thing to the stairs for the plane. I got halfway up the stairs before I had to stop. I really hated these stairs. They were metal and to me felt so unsafe, I thought I would fall at any minute. I got to my seat and quickly sent my mum a text to say I was on the plane. A boy who looked about my age with dark brown hair that covered his forehead , the type of green eyes that don't ask for attention but stand out and had a lip ring.

"You like Tonight Alive?" he asked

"Yup, and Paramore, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Green Day, Busted, bands like that" I replied

"No way! Those are my favourite bands too! Well I also like New Years Day, The Pretty Reckless, Bring Me The Horizon and Black Veil Brides."

"I like TPR too. I'm not really into BMTH and I've only heard a small bit of a Black Veil Brides song" It was true. The most I had heard was someones ring-tone which talked about Indians fading into the night.

"well we have 11 hours and 3 albums to get through. My names Louis, by the way" he smiled

."Betsy" I told him. Before listening to music we had to sit through that boring talk about fire exits and life jackets that you hear on EVERY flight.

"you are allowed to have any hand held devices switched on for take off and landing, but laptops must be switched off and stored away until the seat belt sign has gone" one of the flight people said.

immediately he put an earphone in my ear. I paid attention to the first song that played a lot. I didn't know the name of the song but i could remember the chorus very clearly.

You're not alone,

We'll brave this storm.

And face today,

You're not alone

I shut my eyes after the first song as I was exhausted. I had been awake since 2am after all. "do you want me to stop the music while you sleep?" Louis asked

"No it's okay, I like sleeping to music" I rested my head on his shoulder and quickley fell into a well needed sleep.

-------

"wake up Betsy, we're here" Louis shook me awake. I rubbed my eyes and stood up as he passed me my bag. "thanks" I said and we walked down those -dreadful- metal stairs. It was around 8pm in america and I honestly just felt like going back to sleep. I don't think I was too jet lagged otherwise I would be lively considering it was 3pm in London. I got my suitcase and walked outside the airport to find a taxi (AN: I don't actually know how this works at american airports like if you have to call before hand or theyre just lined up) I saw that there was a free taxi and told the driver where I wanted to go. As he was putting my suitcases in the back I turned to Louis

"It was so nice to meet you. Keep in touch, maybe we can meet one day" I smiled and handed him a note with my number on.

"Goodbye Betsy" He hugged me and let me get into the taxi. I waved to him until I couldn't see him. PING! my phone went off:

Hey Its Louis, ill talk later xx

hey Louis, ok talk soon xx

I also sent my mum a text:

hey mum, just in cab on my way to aunts house. i also made a friend :) miss you xxxxx

ok, get some sleep once youre there. that's nice you met someone! miss you too xxxxxx

It didn't take long until I arrived at my aunts house. She lived in a fairly big house which had a large garden covered in flowers and overgrown trees and ere was also a garage which had a dark grey BMW with black leather seats. The driver helped me get my suitcases out and I payed him the correct fair. It was now 9:30pm and I felt like I could just sleep for days.

"Betsy! Oh you're here! Look at you! You've grown up so much since I last saw you!" My aunt said rushing outside the house and pulled me into a hug.

"Obviously I've changed" I laughed "The last time you saw me was when I was 13 and going through the 'emo' phase"

She laughed "Your hair colour looks so nice, you must show me what you use. Now come inside!" I wheeled my suitcase into the house "Now you're probably exhausted, so if I was you I wouldn't unpack until tomorrow. Your room is up the stairs and third on the right. It's already painted white and black and has the posters up that you left when you were 13. Do you want anything to eat before you sleep? airplane food is horrid" She could talk fo years

"No thanks, I think I'll just sleep" I said goodbye and wondered to my room.

I opened the door and put my suitcase next to the wardrobe and sat on my bed. I mentally laughed at myself because of the posters that were up. I was into old rock like Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, KISS, ACDC and Motley Crue so there were posters up of them. I still liked the bands so I kept the posters up but also added a few of All Time Low, You Me At Six, Paramore, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, Tonight Alive, The Pretty Reckless, Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, Busted and Green Day. The bedding was white and had a black pattern on with black pillows. There was a fluffy black carpet and fluffy white curtains. The wardrobes, bedside table and shelfs were all white with a black outlining. I quickly sent a text to Louis ad my mum saying I was going to sleep and changed into my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pyjamas (I love them very much ok?) and got into the bed. I switched the light off and shut my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the updates for this story will be quite slow, so please don't pressure me into updating every week! please vote, comment and share <3