Not a Cookie Cutter

"Ya ready for the party of a lifetime, LuLu?" John said, plopping next to me on the couch. I rolled my eyes, scrolling through my phone. "John, it can't be a party if it's the two of us." I said, turning my phone off and looking up at the man. He playfully pouted, turning his body from me. He kept peeking over his shoulder, putting on an act to make me laugh. I coule only stare disdainfully at him before closing mt eyes and shaking my head. He chuckled softly, patting my hair softly. He disturbed the headband that was keeping my hair back, and some brunette bangs fell into my green eyes. I grunted, papping his hands away from me.

He stood up, walking off to the kitchen to cook something. This was a weekly occurance for us. Every Thursday night, we would stay at each other's house, normally to play games or just laze around and get drunk or high while listening to music. I loved it because I got to be closer to John, even though he doesn't like me that way. I've had a massive crush on him since highschool, but he always dated these skinny girls. I looked down at my lower half, scrunching my nose at my thick thighs and slightly pudgy tummy. Poking at it, I wish it would go away once and for all, but no matter how hard I've tried, I could never get rid of it. I heard a familiar clink of bottles, and as John came in with two beer bottles, I could tell it was going to be a music night.

He handed me a bottle, which I quickly downed. Anything that would get me drunk at this point so I could forget that stupid relationship that was never going to happen. John must have finished his, too, for he stood up and held his hand out for my empty bottle. I handed it to him, and he told me to go to his room, he'd bring some food and more drinks. I shrugged, making my way to his room. Laying on his bed, I took the chance to curl up in his scent. 'Luna, you're acting stupid.' I told myself, covering my nose with his comforter. I wish I could curl up more, but I heard John heading up the steps, and I quickly unraveled myself, jumping from the bed to sit in his chair.

John came with his two plates of food and a butt ton of alcohol. He must have been stressing lately, because this amount of beer was usually reserved for his bad days. "LuLu, I didn't know what you wanted, so I just sort of slapped something together and came up with that monstrosity of dinner." he said, placing a plate filled with some questionable foods infront of me. I smiled at him, and he flopped onto his bed. Looking up at me, he smirked. "Let's start the party biotch." I giggled, starting up his playlist and opening my second bottle of beer.

At some point, I had made my way to his bed, where we were just laying side-by-side, sipping from the last few beers. I turned off the music, and we just sat talking to each other. John had said something, which kinda caused him to ramble, and I just sort of dazed off. I wanted to get closer to him, hold him, take in his cologne, but I couldn't. I couldn't find the strength to do it. I looked to him, and he had stopped rambling, instead he had close his eyes. He must have fallen asleep. I took this opportunity and rolled over as gently as I could, snuggling into his side. Closing my eyes, I whispered that I loved him and fell asleep.

Unbeknownst to me, John's eyes shot open on hearing that I loved him.

I woke up the next day, still snuggled into John's bed. I sat up and yawned, noticing that he wasn't beside me anymore. I stood, stumbling past the empty beer bottles into the living room, where John was sitting on the couch on his phone. I wasn't going to bother him, but he said something that caught my attention.

"Yeah man, like, as she was going to sleep last night, she told me that she loved me."

I froze on the spot, my eyes widening. I stared into the back of his head, fear quickly overcoming my senses.

"I don't know. I'm gonna go see if she's awake, I'll talk to you later." John stood tossing his phone on the couch. Reaching his arms over his head, he turned to head down the hallway. That is, until he caught sight of me. I stood still, looking like a deer in headlights. We stood still, before John finally spoke up.

"So what you said last night... Did you mean it?"

I couldn't look at him. My head shot down, and I fumbled with my hands. I nodded, keeping my eyes off of him. Heat rushed to my cheeks, and I was trying so hard to fight back the tears that pricked at my emerald eyes. Right as I was about to turn away, I felt John wrapping his arms around me. I looked up after what felt like an eternity, and John pressed his lips to mine. I was caught by surprise, but I hungrily reciprocated. Years of stress practically melted of as he kept me breathless, pulling me closer.
He finally broke apart, pressing his forehead to mine. "Thank God I asked or that would've just been awkward." he laughed. I snorted pulling from him. "What took you so long?" John asked. I got red again. "I... I don't know. In highschool, you always dated like, these skinny, blonde hair, blue-eyed girls. Why would you date someone like me? I'm just a plain old, brown hair, green eyed, chubby lowlife girl." I stated matter-of-factly. John made a sound of disagreement.

"You know what? I love you cause you aren't like that. You aren't like all the preppy, cookie cutter girls and I love that more than anything. I love your cute brown hair, and your cute green eyes. And if you think you're chubby, bitch please. You're cute. And I love you. I've always loved you, Luna." he kissed me again, emphasizing his point. I smiled against his lips, wrapping my arms around him and squeezing. As long as we were together, I never wanted to let him go, and I didn't plan on doing that for a while.

(Requested by tonythot)