Chapter 1

In the Segmentum Pacificus system of the galaxy just out of the imperial domain, there are three planets that rest near the edge of the halo zone just north west. Though undiscovered, war has found its way to these unknown planets. An ork war horde of two warships has come here. The ork war horde is followed closely by the Imperial Guard of the Imperium. The Imperial Guard has three warships in pursuit of the vile orks. The war-boss of the orks has made himself known for the recent battles that has left small settlements of the Imperium razed. Ork War-Boss Bone Snappa has promised to bring war to every imperial settlement of men till there is none left. The Imperial Guard under the command of Vance the Bright has set out against the orks for revenge. Vance has promised the soldiers glory in battle. The rewards are vast as they should be. The real prize will be a planet or a ship to own for any person of the imperial guard who brings the head of War Boss Bone Snappa to him. Every guardsman and woman serving under Vance is more than willing to go above and beyond to kill the ork for the chance to own a planet or a ship. With the three war ships under his command, Vance's pursuit has brought him to unknown space. The battle in space is fierce and brutal. The smaller ork vessel sustains damage from the imperial ships and retreats to the atmosphere of the nearby habitable planet. War Boss Bone Snappa uses his main ork ship to cripple an imperial ship. It goes crashing to the surface of a jungle infested planet. An ork weird-boy uses his warp power to surprise the other imperial vessel. The raiding ork parties of Bone Snappa teleport onto the other imperial cruiser in space; they begin a series of strikes against the guardsmen. Commander Vance holds his Champion of Men flag ship back. He sends small boarding parties by space shuttles over to retake the ship. The battle is fought to a standstill as guardsmen hold pockets on the war ship. The men and women aboard the Avenging Spirit pray to the high and mighty Emperor of mankind that this will not be the last days they see.

On the surface below, there is a single man taking his daily stroll. He never dreams that war will come to him. It has been ten years of peace for him since the last battle he participated in. In his hubris, he alone believes that the whole planet is his own kingdom to rule. As he takes his morning walk through the woods, he hears a loud blasting sound. He rushes from the tree line and looks to the sky. He can't believe what he sees. The ten years of peace are finally disturbed by visitors. Now, he sees a sky of fire. Many things fall to the planet; there are still lots of areas on the planet that have not been discovered by him just yet. The man pulls out his small scope to get a better view of the sky. He sees many metal objects fall from the sky. A war vessel falls from space on fire as the debris falls along with it. There is no time to waste thinking about anything else. Whatever the reason for this fire and carnage, the answers will be made clear. He rushes to one of the crash sites. The journey is long and enduring. Once he arrives, he finds them everywhere. There are bodies of dead men and women. They each represent the Imperial Guard. He finds a weapon. The man picks up a standard lasrifle. It has been a long time since he used one.

He thought, "Well, this has been ages since I have seen one of these. I wonder what is going on?"

The man journeys up ahead and sees two orks scavenging for parts. Rather than waste the ammo on his newfound gun, he puts it away and pulls out his small laspistol. It has not been used in ages since he came to the planet. It is still full on ammo and ready to fire. He fires twice and kills the orks with a head shot. Before he goes into the next area, one of the orks he shot is holding a communication device. He grabs it and listens to the radio chatter. The voice of a person shocks his ears.

"We need reinforcements at once at the north-east zone. The orks have us pinned down by turret fire. We can't advance."

With his knowledge of the area, the man heads to the north-eastern zone. Along his journey, he encounters three imperial guardsmen.