Chapter 10

(Destiny means a predetermined course of events. Fate means what is to happen regardless of how much you do to change it. Sometimes, fate and destiny collide when anyone makes the choice for their people or their own self. Enjoy! )

Chapter 10: Section 10 – 1

Destiny. It is an always an ever-changing thing that offers many paths. Some lead to pleasure. Many offer a path to pain. Others can have a horrifying end. A few open the door to fame and wealth. Yet, destiny can still change. Fate is a fixed event that will happen even with multiple occasions occurring around it. Many fates are unkind and unjust. At times, the fate of anyone can be terrifying to all. In the end, there are only two choices everyone must make. You can accept or defy. As Max Johnson travels through the forest, he looks at the spirit stone of farseer Elenwe for guidance. Every turn he makes, forces him to turn either left or right. He still needs an answer for the questions he has. The farseer of the spirit stone wants him to go and save Kayleth. The real question is: Why save her? With his body being fueled by warp energy from the spirit stone, he accelerates in the direction of where Kayleth is at.

As their blades clash against one, the area around them is twisted. The warp powers have left the area badly changed. Trees slowly die, and grass becomes brown. The dark eldar succubus Rela battles against the eldar autarch Kayleth. The fight causes unnatural changes to the area around them as they drag on. Both are evenly matched against each other. One warrior fights for order; one combatant battles for chaos. The struggle goes on. Not too far from the scene, a few storm troopers look on and watch the battle as they report the progress. Each does what they can to stay hidden as the watch with amazement. Both fighters move so fast that it is impossible to tell who is winning.

One trooper reports: "Sir, the plan is going as you anticipated. Rela is keeping her opponent busy. As soon as they slow down or sustain enough wounds, we will eliminate them and retrieve the weapons."

A voice replies, "Do nothing to either of them. My plans have changed. The dark eldar may still have use for me before I take what is mine for the imperium. I will be there soon. For now, hold your position. They may be alerted to your presence, but they will battle each other for now."

With communication over, the storm troopers move further away to keep their appearance hidden. With one fierce strike, both eldar beings leap away from each other.

Rela says, "This is so much fun. To see you fight on and struggle against me brings me so much pleasure. I am glad you have lasted this long against me, my pet."

Kayleth snarls, "You may think you are winning, but you won't claim victory here. I am what the eldar need. I will be the one who saves my craft world from the Great Evil. You are just a stepping stone."

Rela laughs at her foolish speech, "I see your delusions are ever present. Allow me to show you what else I have in store for you."

After she raises the daemon weapon to the sky, the warp energy draws into the blade. It didn't take long before Rela changes her appearance again. Kayleth holds her ground as she feels her opponent gain more power. The armor on Rela changes slightly. Once the warp energy stops, she smiles at her prey. Kayleth stands and holds her ground.

Rela says, "Tell me something eldar of Alaitoc. How long do you think you will last against me now?"

She brings the daemon weapon down to her side. Rela takes the swinging stance and swings the blade forward. A powerful rush of warp power slams into Kayleth and throws her back. The warp energy wounds Kayleth heavily. She spits up blood yet recovers for another round.