Chapter 9

(The strings of fate will always bring us to where we are meant to be. The path we forge will be our destiny. In the face of evil, miracles can change the course of history. And sometimes, the most incredible thing can happen that changes everything you believe in. Enjoy! )

Chapter 9: Section 9 – 1

Silence is golden; there is nothing to be said. The sound of absolutely no noise is peaceful to hear. Before the storm ravages the sky, there is harmony. When the sea is motionless before the tsunami, everything flows easy. As darkness surrounds the mind, there are only the dreams to keep the sanity intact. A dream can offer many images and events. Some offer pain; many show horrors. There are only a handful will reveal desire, happiness, and beauty. This is what the Masters of Chaos feed on. The thoughts of the living beings in the galaxy show them so much The only thing more horrifying than a dream from the Dark Gods of Chaos is being a Blank. A Blank is the soulless; it is the unnatural void that will cause many deities of the warp to shriek in shock or fear. The soulless being is an opposite to a psyker of any warp power; they can cause communication problems if too strong. Many exist hidden in the galaxy. It is rare to discover one.

The round house kick to Max Johnson sends him crashing hard into the soil. A regular kick can do damage to any person; the difference is a warp charge kick to the head by an eldar autarch of craft world Alaitoc. Kayleth nearly smiles at her successful attack; she feels stronger than before. The humans are ready to pull the trigger and unleash their fury. The silence and waiting stops when he breathes in air and slowly gets up. Kayleth stops smirking; the eldar look on with weapons ready. The guardsmen cheer yet can't believe what they see. Max slowly stands up only to rub his chin with ease. He is banged up enough from Kayleth, but the fight is far from over.

He looks to her, "That really stings a lot. You have become quite stronger than the last time."

Kayleth grinds her teeth and harnesses her anger. She says, "You dare mock me? You are sealing your own doom."

She charges up her warp flame from the avatar of Khaine. The heat waves of the flame burn more of the ground clean of snow. Before Max can guard against her assault, he feels her fist collide into his face. The human eyes of the imperial guard cannot follow what is happening to him; the eldar are amazed at how fast Kayleth has become. Though the sacrifice has failed, the ritual has granted Kayleth more strength than ever. Every attack sends shockwaves through the ground and air; her movement is faster than before. Her rage is as strong as Khaine. She has become the first eldar avatar for Khaine. Veldoran looks closely at the fight closely. There is something coming; he feels it through the warp as if death is on the landscape. Kayleth may be using her rage and fury; however, the warlock feels something dangerous is coming. Max stumbles backwards as Kayleth relaxes her guard. The bruises and cuts are visible on him. The guardsmen are stunned and encourage him to stay strong. He nearly crumbles to the ground in pain. Kayleth walks towards him; she is disappointed.

Kayleth looks down on him and says, "I see that you are less of a threat to us than ever. So tell me, Noble One Max Johnson. What makes you so special? How are you worthy? Why are you now falling before my wrath? Were you only strong with farseer Elenwe around your neck? Did you feel in control with eldar warp power passing through you?"

She grips his shirt and throttles him viciously. Everyone looks on at the damage Kayleth inflicts on him. Lucas and Lina keep the soldier at ease; they pray Max will overcome the eldar warrior. Veldoran holds his kin at bay; he fears something is more powerful than Kayleth.