Chapter 14

Chapter 14

He led me over to the Whomping Willow, and hit a little spot on the trunk. The tree froze, and he led me down a passageway. I was very nervous, but I had promised. We made it to a strange, broken down old building. I asked him where we were. "Where are we Tom?" There was no response. I asked again. He still had his back to me, and he didn't answer. It scared me. "Tom? What is this place?" He finally answered. "This is called the Shrieking Shack." I asked him another question. "And why are we here, and how did you know about this?" He sighed. "There is the same answer to both questions. I am a werewolf. This is where I go at the full moon. Which is tonight. And you will be staying here with me."

What! "Isn't it very dangerous?" He almost laughed. "No, I can control myself. I won't hurt you, I promise. I just want company. It gets very lonely out here alone. You must stay." "Very well, I will stay." So I do. We don't do much, but I work on my spells a little bit. It was strange, but everything seemed a little off. Then the full moon came out. It was painful to watch. I can't imagine what it was like to be a werewolf. He is fully changed now. And coming closer, closer, closer. He is way too close to me. It scared me. Almost more then before Hogwarts. But not quite

He said that he could control himself in this form. It almost looked like it. But not quite. He was very close to me now. "Tom?" I asked tentatively. There was no response. He just got closer. "Tom, what are you doing?!" He didn't stop. I realized that he was a hunter. And I was the prey. I tried to get out, but he was standing on the trapdoor. I couldn't get out. I couldn't move. Then he lunged. He pinned me down on my back. I truly couldn't move then. His claws dug into my arm. His face was right in front of mine. His breath smelled horrible. He came closer, and then his face was touching mine. Then he bit my cheek. And scraped his claws across my face. I didn't scream. That was for the weak. 

Then he backed up. He definitely had control. And I was a werewolf. He waited until the full moon was over, then we went back to Hogwarts. He went straight to Dumbledore. "What happened?!" Dumbledore was surprised. "I thought that no one was allowed to see you on the nights of the full moon. This is why, Tom." Tom looked down. "I am sorry sir. I must have lost control, and I don't know why she was there, but she was. She must have followed me when I left. Is there anything that you can do?" Dumbledore looked sad. "Tom, you of all people should know that there is no cure for a werewolf bite. And magic wounds don't heal as fast as common ones. She will be fine, but she will always have the scars on her face. You should go to bed Tom, and Ivy, you should go to the Hospital Wing." I nodded. "Yes, sir." Then I left before I got in trouble for saying something that I shouldn't say.

Tom was lying to Dumbledore, and Dumbledore believed him. And even worse, I was a werewolf, and I hadn't done anything. I had trusted him. He was one of the first people ever that I trusted, and he betrayed me. He knew what he was doing. It had been very deliberate. Madam Pomfrey was not very happy to see me again. I was there a lot more than I should have been. It was a hard school to navigate, that was my excuse every time. Even though that wasn't the real reason, they didn't know that. So here I was again, and there was not much she could do to help me. So I just had to wait it out.

Severus came in to see me a few times, and he wasn't happy that I was now a werewolf. Neither was I, though. And there was nothing that either of us could do. I am allowed to leave after I healed, so about three days later. I went straight back to the common room and my corner. I fell asleep right away, even though I had slept a lot in the Hospital Wing. Snape woke me up again. "Henderson, I need you to come with me." So I did. He brought me to his office and had me sit down. "Ivy, I need to talk to you. What were you doing in the Shrieking Shack?" I sighed. "Tom brought me there. Snape looked surprised. "What do you mean?" Now I was surprised. "He brought me out there. He said that he got lonely. He wanted me to stay with him. So I did." "How did he look when he bit you?" An easy question. "He knew what he was doing. It was very deliberate. Then he blocked the exit. He knew full well what he was doing." Snape looked mad. "We need to talk to Dumbledore. Come on." It was strange, and I didn't like it, but I followed him, running to keep up.