1: No Objections

'Mallory Cox is Out of The Hospital After The Fan Attack

'Mallory Cox is Out of The Hospital After The Fan Attack.'

''Mallory is Safe,' Says Cox' Manager.'

'Mallory Cox takes a 'Much Needed Rest' After The Recent Attack.'

'Who Is Mallory Cox' Attacker?'

"Dammit," Mallory grunted as she threw her cellphone aside on the sofa, watching it as it bounced twice before landing on its screen not so far from where she was sitting. Huffing a breath, she lifted her legs to her chest and hugged them, resting her forehead on her bent knees.

"I want this to end," she whined, voice muffled by her legs, sniffing a tear that threatened to escape her eye.

"Aw, darling," a voice cooed from behind her, she didn't need to raise her head to know who it belonged to. Mallory felt the sofa shifting slightly under her as the weight of the speaker went down on it.

"What's wrong, Mal?" Barney asked, looking at her with evident concern, but when he lowered his sight to the side and saw the discarded phone, he found the answer.

"Ah, you were looking at the news again," he said, more to himself than to her.

"Barney," Mallory spoke, lifting her head, "everyone's talking about what happened, it's like I'm the center of the fucking world right now!" she continued, throwing her hands in the air, "I should be reading about how huge the new song is going, how it's still topping the charts, but instead I'm reading this."

"Now you're overreacting," Barney chuckled, "you know how the media is these days, they just need an excuse to pry in someone's life and feed on any gossip they can catch," he explained, "and then come on, since when you pay attention to what these stupid websites write about? You never gave a damn about their bluff!"

"I know," she said, "but this time is different, I mean... it wasn't that bad, Barney."

"To be honest, it was," Barney admitted, "that guy literally jumped over the fence and ran to you while you were out by the pool, if it wasn't for the security, God knows what would have happened," he finished in a dark tone.

"He was drunk," Mallory defended, "and he caught everyone off guard, but then here I am, not a scratch."

"Still, it was dangerous," Barney said in a scolding manner, "you were pretty shaken after it, and those security fools need to learn to act faster, we pay them a small fortune."

Mallory sighed, she hated to admit it, but she was really scared, the mere thought of it still managed to send a shiver down her spine, she was unsafe in her own house, what's more scary than that?

"Look," Barney said, putting a chubby hand over her slim one.

Mallory looked directly into his eyes, his brown orbs were, as always, warm and kind, it helped easing her mind a bit.