5: Something Of Something

"The first rule is to listen to me, and do as I say," Taron spoke as he dodged a ham-fisted punch from Mallory as if it was nothing, "and you're doing none of these

"The first rule is to listen to me, and do as I say," Taron spoke as he dodged a ham-fisted punch from Mallory as if it was nothing, "and you're doing none of these."

"Well, training like I'm in a military camp isn't one of the rules," Mallory huffed out as she sent another poorly-aimed punch toward her bodyguard, the thick boxing gloves felt hefty on her hands and a sheen of sweat covered all the exposed areas of her body.

They have been training for a week, using the customized gym room in Mallory's house as a headquarter for their mission. Taron stated that Mallory should learn how to defend herself, and he took it upon himself to make that a fact. Mallory, on the other hand, didn't appreciate that at all.

Not that she didn't like training, she would definitely hit the gym with Jenny, who was a gym rat, at least twice a week. She would enjoy the light exercises and the Yoga sessions she would attend with her friends there, they were fun. But this? It was everything but pleasurable.

Between the tough training sessions, the major changes in her lifestyle, and the never-ending orders regarding almost everything, Taron Egerton was the impersonation of a nightmare that Mallory would have at a rainy, thunderous night.

"It'll benefit you," Taron replied, gesturing for her to attack again as he took a step back, "it will give you more flexibility, more confidence," he said, ducking under her extended arm, "more concentration," he finished, backing off as he waited for her to attack again.

"You mean more sore muscles," Mallory grunted as she lurched again, taking wide steps toward her bodyguard with her arms stretched in the air, she was an easy target for him as he weaved an arm around her waist, lifted her off her feet, and put her down with his other arm under her neck to keep her head from hitting the ground.

"Pain is gain," Taron replied in a hoarse voice, he was over Mallory as his whole weight went down on her. Using his free arm as a hoist to keep his body from falling over hers, he was literally planking over her. His face was mere inches from Mallory's as both of their heavy breaths mixed together in the small space that seemed to be closing up between them.

"Yeah, no shit," Mallory whispered, looking directly into her bodyguard's eyes, a tiny smile crept up to her lips as she could finally figure out the color of his eyes, they were green.

Seconds seemed to elongate as both of them stayed in that position, Taron's face was very close to Mallory's that she could count the freckles over his nose if she wanted to, his lips were parted, exhaling warm breaths that sent a shiver to her sensitive skin, she wondered if she could touch them with hers, it would cost her a small head lift to...

A loud music shrilled, echoing through the gym room walls as Mallory's cellphone rang. Discarding her thoughts to the indecent side of her mind and wiggling herself from under him, she managed to take a glove off and stagger toward the cellphone that was placed on a chair at a corner of the room, along with a towel and a bottle of water.