17: An Open Heart

In contrast to the cool night's breeze, Taron's nerves were on fire, he couldn't keep waiting for more information, so he decided to take a part of the job upon himself and search for them himself

In contrast to the cool night's breeze, Taron's nerves were on fire, he couldn't keep waiting for more information, so he decided to take a part of the job upon himself and search for them himself. Setting his laptop on the table by the pool, he took a chair and forced himself to sit in order to start his digital excavations.

Clicking his way through the world wide web, he couldn't find what was he seeking, only some bits and pieces about a Russian crime organization that was rumored to have some activities in Europe for the past five years with names of their supposed leaders.

Knowing that such a kind of search wasn't his specialty, Taron tried to connect the dots, so he searched for Boris Takarov and tried to find a connection between him and that organization. While digging deeper, he managed to find a set of blurry, black and white pictures that seemed they have been taken from a surveillance camera. These pictures, however, quenched some of his thirst for answers.

They showed Takarov shaking hands with some of the said organization leaders.

"The bastard," he hissed as he grabbed his cellphone and tapped a number.

"Yeah, it's me," he told the other person over the line, "I'm sending you some stuff I found online, I need you to check them out for me, let me know if they're legitimate."

Once he got the approval of the receiver on the phone, he tapped it close and started the process of sending the information he found via e-mail.

That's when he heard the light, uncoordinated beating of feet behind him.

"You should be asleep, it's late," he spoke without turning around, recognizing the owner of these soft steps.

Mallory didn't reply, she kept walking toward where her bodyguard was sitting, barely able to keep her feet on a straight line, it was obvious that the amount of alcohol and marijuana she had consumed started to hit her in full effect.

Not that it bothered her, anyway, she wanted it. That fuzzy, ticklish feeling under her skin was funny, it made her laugh as the world sparkled and wobbled and changed colors before her eyes as if she was watching a fireworks show.

"Watching porn?" she asked in a tottery voice as she came closer to him.

"Better, trust me," he idly replied, not moving his eyes from what he was reading on the device.

Coming to a stop in front of the bodyguard, she tried her best to stand straight as she aimed to steal his attention off whatever he was concentrating on, but when she failed to do so, she directly went to implement her alternative plan.

"Better than this?" he heard her saying. Finally lifting his gaze to meet hers, his eyebrows shot up in surprise at the scene in front of him.

Once Mallory's eyes caught Taron's, she untied the belt of the white, silky robe she was wearing and let it slip off her body in one move, and there she stood, gloriously naked and wholly proud of herself.