2: A Fresh Start

Since Taron has been informed about the new job, he spent most of his free time doing something he never thought he would do: browsing the Internet

He knew almost nothing about Mallory Cox, the only thing that was obvious to him is that she was a celebrity, he had seen her name on billboards and magazine covers before, but he never paid attention to who she actually was. So after Googling her name, he finally found out that she was a singer, or as they called her 'a pop star'.

Taron tried to gather as many information as he could about her, starting from her Wikipedia page and going through her social media accounts, at some point, he felt like a teenage boy who was stalking a famous person, but with the World Wide Web being the biggest source of information, he had no choice but to dig his way in to fetch out what he needed.

He also ran her name through the police database using the help of a friend, finding out that she was arrested for Driving Under Influence four years ago, something that, for some reason, didn't make its way out to the media.

Last but not least, Taron followed what people say about her on social platforms, he was surprised that there were blogs dedicated to Mallory, talking about everything related to her, from her controversial romantic relationships to her choice of fashion and down to her never-ending partying and shopping, from what he could gather, she was 'an idol' for some teens, but she wasn't a favorite person for many adults.

"That's gonna be fun," Taron muttered to himself, taking a last look at his cellphone's screen where a picture of Mallory Cox from an article was still shown before closing it and burying it in his breast pocket.

*********************************

"Thank you for choosing our agency, Mr. Moore, I can assure you that Ms. Cox will get the best security services we can offer," said a blonde woman, sitting behind a large mahogany desk that separated her from Barney who was perching nervously on a leather armed chair in front of her, fiddling with a golden ring around his finger and stealing glances toward the high window that showed a beautiful view of the city behind her every now and then.

"Of course," Barney replied, beaming at her, "your agency's reputation is brilliant, I, on behalf of Ms. Cox, am happy to cooperate with you."

"Likewise," said the woman, smoothing the collar of her jacket, "I suppose you've made your decision about the candidate that I've sent his file to you?"

"Oh, yes," replied Barney, shifting in his seat, "the file of the candidate that you've provided me with is really impressive! I had a tough time deciding, to be honest," he added with a chuckle, "I've actually thought that he would be overqualified for such a job."

"Not at all," the blonde woman exclaimed, "He is one of our finest agents, I'm sure you'll feel very comfortable working with him."

"I hope so," Barney murmured, "but there's one more thing, I was hoping that I can meet him so we can, you know, get to know each other properly," he added, looking at her from under his lashes.