v | kind of torture

amore [ chapter five ]

amore
[ chapter five ]

I'M FUCKED.

Literally. Figuratively. Fucked—from the moment she walked into Crown tonight with her friends. I'm not usually one to keep thinking about the girls I've fucked around with. It's different, though, because I have business with her father. Didn't know she was a Romano when I took her home the other weekend, not that that would have stopped me.

Athena's easy to look at. Great body, tanned skin, full hips, legs for absolute days, good in bed. Face from heaven—one that should be hanging on the walls in The Louvre instead of the Mona Lisa.

She's down by the bar with her friends and our eyes catch and she tilts her head slightly with this not-so-innocent smile gracing her lips. Athena looks away and leans over to whisper something into her friend's ear, who, then, tilts her head back laughing.

I can't lie, I took every opportunity to flirt with her at the fucking dinner party at her parents place the other week. She's like that—got that kind of face that just begs to be flirted with.

"Clubs looking good, man," Nicholas claps me on the back.

"Yeah," I reply, adjusting the collar of my jacket.

"You good there?" he nods his chin in my direction, offering his cigarette.

"People watching," I shrug, taking a drag from the cigarette, letting the smoke curl into the air. Athena glances up over her shoulder, drink in hand now. Her gaze meets mine, and she raises an eyebrow, as if questioning what I find so captivating.

"Who's the girl?" my cousin smirks.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I shake my head. Athena's lips curl into a subtle smile before she turns back to her friends.

"So, you're not into the pretty brunette downstairs?" he presses, nodding toward her.

I shake my head, passing his cigarette back. I turn around and lean back against the balcony railing, "She's a little devil."

"That wasn't a no," Nic smirks.

I fold my arms over my chest, looking across the less-crowded area of the club. "I don't have time for that shit."

"Time? I'm just thinking she might be a good time. I'm sure you already know that, though," He exhales a cloud of smoke, "can't say I blame you for being into all that."

I glance back at Nic, "You're a fucking idiot, you know that, right?"

"Looks like she's got plenty of time, though," he nods his chin downstairs. I turn to see where she is, and spot the woman making her way up the stairs toward us.