// Thirty-Two \\

RECAP: Maverick opened up about his past. Selene and Damianos say that Maverick and his pack are the reason they are there, but we are interrupted from knowing more by Maverick's phone which is Vander calling about how the pack is under attack. We ended the chapter with all of them preparing to leave the cottage and go to the pack house.

**also, the song above is called On The Line by Night Riots - it fits well with the chapter!
———————————

**also, the song above is called On The Line by Night Riots - it fits well with the chapter! ———————————

The air smells of blood; a scent I am beginning to become too familiar with.

The town appears almost vacant once we cross through the woods. It's eerie, and I can't help but to shiver at the strange feeling.

As a Luna, it is said that you feel everything that happens in the pack; you are the first to notice, even before the Alpha, that something is wrong in the pack. That feeling only progresses when you reach the source of the problem.

I never fully believed it to be true, but now I do.

I feel my pack members hurting, their fear, and their willingness to fight.

I feel it all...which is why I have Damianos, Selene and Maverick all asking me if I was okay enough to keep going.

Of course I say yes, but, quite frankly, I'm feeling so weak.

"We need to make it to the pack house... that's where the pack is supposed to go if they're able to. Otherwise each pack member has a secret hideout unless they're apart of our combat group," Maverick lowly speaks as we hustle along the side of the main road.

"My old pack has similar protocol. My family and I were always to be in our old cellar until further notified," I comment, feeling slightly queasy and having the sudden urge to call my family to see if they were alright. After all this, I would make sure to call them.

I swear I do call them.

We proceed until the packhouse is in sight. Maverick has us pause as a group of our combat warriors rush up to us, all in wolf form. One begins to shift as he approaches us. I avert my eyes, so they are strictly on Maverick.

"Alpha, we can't keep holding them at the edge of our borders. They're too fast and there is too many of them. What should we do next?" The warrior's voice is low and sounds defeated.

I watch as Maverick's mouth slants and his eyes narrow on his combat leader.

"Did you go through each of the battle plans, Kyle? Did you try-I don't know-turning on the invisible fence? There was a reason I installed that thing. And it wasn't because I like to spend the pack's money." Maverick's voice is clipped, and I can tell the warrior, or Kyle, must have not thought of that as he begins to stutter out his reply as to why he didn't or couldn't.

I'm not sure, but he sounds silly trying to explain himself.

"ENOUGH! How much longer until they break through the combat team's forces?!" Maverick roars back at Kyle.