// Thirty- Four\\

RECAP: Elora blacks out, and we are presented with Maverick's POV as he discovers that Ian is a traitor. This is after he finds Elora in wolf form, already killing Anika, who turns out to be an ally with the Dracs and Ian (not his mate). The chapter ends with him telling the sirens they can stay while carrying Elora back to their house.

——————

"I have decided to gather you all here to discuss the attack that my pack received yesterday as well as the kidnappings that have been happening in the Eclipse pack

"I have decided to gather you all here to discuss the attack that my pack received yesterday as well as the kidnappings that have been happening in the Eclipse pack. It's time we form our alliance in battle and defeat these things once and for all," Maverick's voice booms throughout the large meeting hall.

The Alphas and Lunas of all the neighboring packs that are seated around the large banquet-style table nod their heads in agreement.

The immense power that radiates throughout the hall would have normally caused me to keep my head lowered in a bow, but now that I am a Luna of one of the strongest packs in the area, I'm able to maintain eye contact and keep my head held high.

It's empowering, to say the least.

"Is it true that your Gamma is apart of this group? Should we really be trusting you and your pack with this alliance? So far they haven't attacked my pack," an older Alpha, from a pack about an hour away, questions. His bushy eyebrows crinkle up as he asks.

A growl sounds and it shockingly doesn't come from Maverick.

It comes from me.

Maverick gives me a side glance, squeezing my thigh before speaking again. Looking back at the large banquet table, I make eye contact with the older Alpha who seems to disapprovingly shake his head at me.

"It is true. It was a heartbreaking shock to all of us...especially to me. Which is why I am personally checking every pack member of mine for their loyalty through a series of tests and questionnaires. I know for sure you can trust me, my Luna, and my Beta family," Maverick answers with such grace and firmness, I feel my mouth curl up into a smile.

The older Alpha stares quizzically at my mate before nodding his head once.

"You are a man who has always stuck to his word. We will ally with you in battle against the Dracs."

All the Alphas bow their heads, all indicating that they were to ally in war as well.

"Let us collaborate with our commanders and warriors and come back together at the end of the week to discuss our battle strategies," Luna Opal speaks, rising from the table first. She also holds a very strong voice amongst the sea of male Alphas.

Then again, she is the Alpha of her pack and has Aloha blood, so, naturally, she matches the stature and authority of the other male Alphas.

As meeting adjourns Maverick pulls me aside, leading me down to a secluded end of a hallway. His grip is oddly gentle as he leads me.