FOURTY-NINE | REAL LIFE

It was twelve minutes past nine and Dallas was beginning to worry for Sebastian, he was never late to anything

It was twelve minutes past nine and Dallas was beginning to worry for Sebastian, he was never late to anything. She picked up her phone once more and began to dial his number but she heard the door open.

"I'm sorry I'm late. There was an accident over by Tom's and traffic was horrible." Sebastian stated as he took off his jacket and placed it on a nearby chair. "What did you want to talk about? You seemed troubled."

Dallas walked over to the sitting room and Sebastian followed. They sat across from each other and Sebastian noticed that Dallas was playing with her ring. She only did that when she was nervous and anxious.

"Baby what's wrong? You can tell me anything, you know that right?"

Dallas took a deep breath and tried to find the right words to say. "I think, we should stop seeing each other." She said, "I'm going to move back to Australia and you're leaving for Greece, I just don't think we'll work and I feel like we should break up. It wouldn't be fair if we were together and in different countries."

It took a minute for Sebastian to process what she had just said.  He leaned forward and put his head in his hands, "Is it something I did?" He softly asked, trying to understand.

Dallas stood up and sat down next to Sebastian and took his hand in hers but he pulled it away.

She shook her head and said, "It's wasn't anything you did. I just need time to take care of myself." Dallas noticed that Sebastian was beginning to cry and as much as she wanted to comfort him she knew she shouldn't.

Sebastian didn't fully understand the reason behind them splitting but if that's what she wanted he was going to respect it and try to move on.

Dallas had begun to cry and was trying to keep quiet but couldn't. Sebastian got up and made his way to the door with Dallas following closely behind.

He grabbed his coat and swung it over his shoulder before reaching for the door knob. "I don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting this." He whispered and turned around, "I know that I love you and that you're the one for me. I will never stop fighting for you, I want you to know that. Maybe, sometime in the future we'll find our way back together but for now I'm going to let you live your life."

He took a step forward towards Dallas and grabbed her hand before pulling it up to his lips and gave it a small kiss. He pulled her in a hug and let himself cry on her shoulder. Dallas hugged him tightly for the last time, also crying against his shoulder. She pulled away and took one last look at Sebastian before he walked out and closed the door.

Dallas didn't realize how madly in love she was. It was almost like he was a part of her and now, that part was gone.

•••••

didn't know how to end this part😭