Chapter three: Drunk? Nope. Dunno what you're talking about.

Pain.

It was everywhere.

s o h o r r i d . . . W H A T W A S T H I S ? W H Y

Y

Y

?

Why did he feel this pain?

. . . . .

And why was everything so dark?

---------------------------------------------------------- --- ---- -------------------- - - -- - --------- -- -

Gaster slumped on the office chair tiredly, and in critical need of coffee. The one thing humans did that was actually okay. The scientist moaned quietly when he heard a knock on the door.

"D-doctor Gaster? A-a-are you there?"

Alphys called, the stutter in her voice making it evident.

"Yesss. . Whatis it. .?"

Somnolence laced every slur. He heard a familiar shuffle of feet as doctor Alphys peeked in through the door.

"A-are you okay?"

She asked, obviously concerned. Gaster lightly tapped his nasal bridge before responding.

". . .Yes doctor Alphys, I am just tired. What is it that you needed?"

"I just n-needed you to verify s-something for me. I-is that o-okay?"

"It's alright. What is it?"

That coffee would have to wait.

The obnoxious ringing of the morning bell had become familiar at this point in time. Grillby wasn't fond of it, oh no sir he was not, but whatever, ya' know? he can't do anything about it, so it didn't matter much. After at least eight minutes of procrastinating, the blazing test subject had made his way into the line. Alphys was talking to Gaster before she began counting, numbers being muttered under her breath.

"Alr-right, counting i-is good."

The line was soon to disperse after the scientist's statement. Grillby yawned and began the walk back to his room sleepily. A tap on his shoulder made him pause. Looking back, he noticed doctor Gaster behind him.

Good morning, Gaster. How've you been?

Said scientist let out a nervous chuckle.

"I've had better days. Apparently, half of the monsters that work here are children."

Grillby grinned, not very visible due to his mouth (or rather, lack thereof), but it was there. Somewhere. His eyes sparked mischievously.

Oh? And why would that be, doctor Gaster?

"SOMEONE spilled something on the microscope. I don't even know WHAT it is- It literally burned a HOLE in the table! And the GREATEST THING is that NOBODY WILL EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED!"

A scientist ran from one opening of the hall to another. Ran. Grillby almost couldn't contain his laughter.

"WHAT IS THIS, A DAYCARE?!"

Grillby started laughing so hard it hurt.

"OH HUSH!"