JeanMarco: New Years AU

This was the year. The year I was going to do it. I was not going to chicken out like the last few years. This was the year I was going to kiss my best friend.

I had been crushing, no, I had been in love with him for almost three years now. I don't know why I decided New Years, but I thought it was a good time. We sat in the back of his truck, looking at the stars. I was really distracted. Jean noticed. "Hey Marco, is there anything wrong? You seem distracted."

Part of me really wanted to run away, but I just had to do it tonight, because Jean was going to join the military and I wouldn't see him for a long time. I told him not to go, but he had made up his mind. "No. I just can't believe it's almost 2015," I lied.

"I know. It's crazy," he said softly. I looked over at him. His chin was tilted to the stars, head leaning back against the pickup. A small smile was on his lips. His face was so perfectly sculpted. Just the thought of him made my heart race.

"Yeah," I whispered, checking the time on my phone. Seven minutes. Seven minutes until midnight. Seven minutes and I'll either make the best decision or the worst of my life.

"Hey I'm going to go join the others for the fireworks," he sat up and jumped out of the bed of the truck. "Coming?"

"I'll be there in a minute," I waved him off. I was so nervous. Could I really do this? I had to.

He was probably going to reject me. I mean, look at the way he looks at Mikasa. He's probably in love with her, even if she hates his guts. There was a quick shooting star. I made a wish. It was childish, wishes on stars aren't real, but I needed all the confidence I could. Maybe a wish would help.

I checked the time again. Four minutes. If I was going to kiss him as the clock strikes midnight, I'll need to hurry and find him. As I sat up, my body felt heavy. I felt like I was going to puke, but I stood up and jumped off the edge, my feet hitting the pavement with a slap.

I pulled the hood up on my sweatshirt, hopefully concealing my face as much as I could, and jogged to where I thought the rest of our friends where. I saw Connie and Sasha laughing out by the fountain, probably drunk. Then I saw Eren, he's annoying by the way, I'm not sure why we're even friends, with Levi, Mikasa and Armin. So from the obvious, our friends were split up.

I checked the time again. Two minutes until midnight. Would I find him in time? I ran around, looking for Jean. I was getting even more nervous, mostly about if I couldn't find him. As I was about to give up, I turned and saw him leaning against the wall, sipping something, probably alcohol.

"Ten!" The crowd started chanting. "Nine," I ran full force towards Jean. "Three!" I grabbed him by the shirt collar. "One!" I shut my eyes and pulled his lips to mine. I felt his body in shock at first, but then relaxed, pulling me closer. Fireworks went off in my head and in real life as he moved his lips with mine, running his hands down my back.

The taste of alcohol invaded my mouth, his tongue running along my bottom lip, holding me closer. My stomach flipped.

He was being more friendly for kissing an anonymous person. He probably thought it was Mikasa, but I didn't care. I just had to do this.

"Hey, Marco," he whispered in my ear, pulling away.

My stomach dropped. He knew it was me. He knew. "I'm sorry Jean," I started to turn to run, but he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. "How did you know it was me?" I looked into his eyes. He was holding me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"It smelled like you," he smiled. "You smell good, you know."

"Oh, so you're not going to freak out because I kissed you?"

"Now why would I?" His nose caressed my cheek before kissing me again, just a quick peck. "Shall we take this somewhere else?"

"I-I guess," I blushed.

He grabbed my hand and started walking back to his car. I had my doubts. Like, how much did he have to drink? He couldn't have had that much to drink in a few minutes to be drunk. But maybe he was just enough under the influence to say something like that. We got to his truck in no time. He pressed me up against the side door, "Hey Marco, I love you."

"I love you too," I kissed him again before he got me into his car.

Hands down, best New Years ever.

YASSSS GUYSSSS YASSSSS JEANMARCO IS LIKE MY LIFE. THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF MY FAVORITES

Thanks for reading!