Ereri modern AU

"Jaeger!" My biology teacher called me out at the end of class. I wasn't going to be surprised if I was getting detention.

"Yes?" I sighed.

"You failed the test. You've failed three tests in a row. I will let you retake it, if I have proof of you studying," he shoved the failed test in my face. I took it and looked at it, disapointed in myself. I had to try harder, I thought.

"Uhh thanks," I mumbled. "I'll try harder."

"Alright. See you tomorrow," he said. I saw him smile through the corner of my eyes, I couldn't bring myself to look him in the face. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and started out the door. I just wanted to avoid Mikasa, which is going to be hard because she lives with me. She's probably going to scold me for failing another test. She became way too overprotective after our parents died.

"Eren, what's up?" A voice behind me said. "You seem upset." It was Levi. Perfect. He's probably going to make fun of me for failing another test as well.

I shook my head. "Nothing I-"

"You failed?" He ripped the paper out of my hand and looked at it.

"Mr. Smith said I could retake it, but studying is just so hard," I sighed heavily.

"Why don't I come over and help you?" He managed a smile.

"I don't care. Sure," I started out the door to the school. Maria High. Probably one of the most ghetto schools, at least in my opinion, but it's whatever.

"Cool," Levi caught up and we walked off school grounds. Imeadiatly, Levi pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it.

"Levi, what the fuck man?" I hissed.

"Oh sorry," he handed me one.

"No," I pushed it away. "Stop with the death sticks, man."

He took in a long drag before exhaling. He looked really hot, but he was bound to get cancer from that. Wait, Eren, you're straight. Levi's just a friend. Yeah, just a friend. You're not crushing on him. "Naw," he blew smoke in my face. I coughed and blew it away.

As we turned on my street, he tossed it on the ground and stomped on it, smothering it. I was never going to get him to stop. "Let's be in my room and be quiet so Mikasa doesn't find out you're here. She'll be home after a while, when she's done with Karate," I slipped the key in it's slot and turned it.

"Kay," he stepped in and took is shoes off, before making a beeline to the stairs and up to my room. I groaned and trudged up the stairs, walking in my room shortly after him. "Okay first off," he looked at me after I shut the door. "How did you fail a test like this? It's like all review from I don't know, seventh grade."

I sat down on the floor and leaned against the wall, "I don't know," I looked off into the corner.

He sat in front of me and took a look at the test. "Okay so what body system pumps blood around the body?"

"Easy, cardiovascular," I smiled, taking pride in my correct answer.

"Correct. Here," he dug through his backpack and revealed a Hershey's bar. He opened it and broke off a piece, giving it to me, "Good boy."

I took it and placed it in my mouth. It tasted like heaven. "Why do you have chocolate if you don't care for it?"

"Sometimes I want or need some. Next question. How many bones are in a human body?"

"One hundred."

"No. According to this, two hundred six."

"Dammit."