Chapter 6

"Hey Glimmer." Bow caught me off guard.

I was too busy thinking about what Adora said to notice Bow walking up behind me.

"Oh hey."

"Is Adora awake?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I need to talk to you away from her."

"About what?" I was suddenly overcome with panic. I really didn't want to talk about what I knew Bow was about to bring up. I didn't want to talk about last night with anyone. Thankfully I didn't have to.

"I was thinking about throwing a birthday party for Adora."

"That sounds great!" I was genuinely happy to hear Bow say that. It meant he wasn't going to bring up the conversation we had.

"I just feel like she has done so much for us that we should pay her back or something."

"Bow, I meant what I said. You are amazing."

"You know, I'm not the only one you called amazing." Bow said with a smile.

"I have to go."

"Glimmer, don't leave!" Bow shouted playfully.

"To late. I'm already gone."

"I was just joking."

"I'm going to go get breakfast. Do you want anything?"

"I'm good."

The walk to the kitchen was nice. It gave me time to think. I didn't take the most direct root. I walked the winding corridors of the castle until I found myself standing in front of the pantrey. My mom always got mad at me for raiding the kitchen. She said we have chefs to cook meals for us. I grabbed a few pastries and filled up a glass of water for Adora. I walked back to Adora's room trying not to drop anything.

I opened the door to her room.

"Are you awake?"

"Sadly."

"I brought you water and a croissant if you want it."

"Thank you so much." She said sitting up.

I handed her the water glass. "It's no problem."

"No seriously. You're an amazing friend."

A friend. I forced a smile, but it hurt to do so. "Thanks."

"I probably should get up shouldn't I?"

"Only if you wan't to."

"I don't."

I sat down at the foot of her bed. And put my hand on her knee.

"I can leave you alone if you wan't."

"I don't."

We spent the next hour or so laying on her bed just staring up at the ceiling, or at least Adora was staring at the ceiling. I was looking at her. She looked so peaceful. Adora was starting to let her guard down around me. I know that should make me feel happy, but it just made me feel shitty. Adora was changing, and I don't want things to change. But maybe change can be a good thing. If that meant maybe we had a chance.

Bow knocked on the door, and let himself in.

"Glimmer, you know that isn't good for you."

"Shut up!" I screeched throwing a pillow at his head.

"What isn't good for her?" Adora asked.

"Nothing important." Bow said throwing the pillow back at me, but he missed and hit Adora I the face. She fell backwards of her bed.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" I asked helping her back up on to the bed.

"Yeah, but that didn't do anything to help my headache."

"Sorry." Bow winced.

"Do you need ice?" I asked.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I've survived worse." Adora said. It was true. She had survived worse.