Chapter 3

Somehow Adora convinced me to dance with her. I mean we've danced together before, but this was different. Before it was at the Princess Prom, and everyone was dancing. Today we were the only ones. Everyone else was sitting and chatting. They were all danced out for the night. The music was upbeat and fast. Adora jumped up and down as she twisted her body. She grabbed my hands and shook my arms. Adora was really bad at dancing, but it was fun. She had taken her hair out for the first time since I've met her. Adora's hair was really pretty. I knew that I shouldn't have been thinking about how pretty was, but who could blame me? Drunk Adora was so captivating and care free.

"I can't believe I've been missing out on parties for so long!" Adora screamed.

"I can. The Horde is evil after all."

"I'm so gland I left them. I'm so glad I left her."

It felt weird to see Adora like this. I felt like I was seeing something private. Adora is usually so guarded. It felt wrong to hear say things like that.

"You don't mean that. I'm sure you miss your ... friend."

"You're right Glimmer."

She stopped dancing.

"I need to go." Adora said. She was uncomfortably serious all of the sudden.

"Go where?" I asked, but it was no use. Adora was running out the door. I knew she wanted to be alone, but I had to follow her.

"Adora!" I shouted as followed her out of the room. "Where are you going?"

"The Fright Zone. I need to get Catra."

"It's too far for you when you're ... like this." I knew she probably didn't know what drunk means if she couldn't recognize the taste of alcohol.

"I have to go." She protested.

I grabbed Adora by the wrist. "Look, she doesn't want to leave the Horde. You can't count on things to stay the same forever. The only thing we can count on is change. Bow was telling me that and I think He's right."

Adora broke down. She was sobbing. I couldn't stand to see her like this. She was acting to out of character. Adora had always been so put together. Seeing her like this, seeing her fall apart felt like the world was out of balance.

"I just wan't things to go back to the way they were."

"We all wan't that sometimes, but we can't turn back time." I said as Adora threw her arms around me. She wiped her face on my shoulder. It was kinda gross, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to take her pain away.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for all the angst tm. 

I promise the whole story won't be angsty.