Chapter 1 Witch and Wizard

1st Year

Harry and I found out that we have magic, just a few days ago. We also learned that out Aunt and Uncle lied to us about how our parents died. I don't think that either of us were really surprised.

The surprising part was the letter and then Uncle Vernon moving up to an island. That was all surprising. The funny part was when Hagrid gave Dudley a pig's tail. Those three were terrified, while Harry and I laughed.

Right now Harry and I are sitting on a train with a boy named Ron Weasly. He's really nice. His mum helped up to get on to the plate from that you have to run through a brick wall to get to. His whole family seems to be honest.

Ron tries showing us a spell, but nothing happens. "Are you sure that's a real spell?" A girl asks. She wanted to see the magic after asking about a toad. She starts ranting, but I don't listen.

I do when she says that her name. "I'm Hermione Granger, by the way. Who are you?"

"I'm Ron Weasly."

"I'm Sage Potter."

"I'm Harry Potter."

"Are you really?" she asks Harry. "I know all about you, of course- I got a few extra books for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History, and The Rise and the Fall of the Dark Arts, and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century."

"Am I?" Harry asks.

"Yes, and Sage is talked about as well, but not as much. Anyway, we'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You three had better change you know, I expect we'll be there soon." She say and then leaves, with the boy, Neville.

"Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it." Ron tells us. "Stupid spell- George gave it to me, bet he knew it was a dud."

"What houses are your brother is?" Harry asks.

"Gryffindor," Ron says. "Mum and Dad were in it, too. I don't what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be so bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin."

"That's the house Vol-, I mean You-Know-Who was in?" Harry asks.

"Yeah." Ron says leaning back.

"You know; I think the ends of Scabber's whiskers are a lighter." Harry tells him.

I shake my head, boys. "So what do your brothers do now that they've left school?" I ask him.

"Charlie's in Romania studying dragons, and Bill's in Africa doing something for Gringotts." Ron tells us. "Did you hear about Gringotts? It's been all over the Daily Prophet, but I don't suppose you get that with the muggles- someone tried to rob a high security vaults."

"Really, what happened to them?" Harry asks.

"Nothing, that's why it's such big news. They haven't been caught. My dad says it must have been a powerful dark wizard to get round Gringotts, but they don't think they took anything, that's what's odd. 'Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You-Know-Who's behind it."

I tune out the boy's conversation, I really don't want to hear any more about Voldemort. I really just want to avoid that at all costs. I'd rather talk about my aunt and uncle, and I really don't like them.

I stay tuned out until I change, right before we arrive. We all get off of the train, and step into the cold air of the night. "Firs' years! Firs' years over here! All right, there, Harry? Sage?"