Chapter 1

A/N Even though I'm writing this after the boys moved and Con left, I'm setting the story with Connor in O2L and them still in the old house.

"Elisabeth! Hannah! Emerge from your hole before I have to come get you! And you both know what that means!" yelled Mrs. Bulletin.

At the mention of her name, I broke down crying. This happened every time. Bulletin the Bitch would call Hannah and I down, using my given name, her name, and I would break down. Then she would stomp up the stairs, dole out my punishment, and drag me downstairs by my hair. I think she actually enjoys it, though. Its sick. Hannah ran over and tried to comfort me before the Bully came in.

"Come on, hon," Hannah soothed. "Let's grab our iPod shuffles and go downstairs. We don't want Bully to come up again do we? Emma, she's going to be here soon. Just forget her and let's go." We always just called my birth mom her, no evil nicknames or anything, just her. I kept thinking about the night we left home and I never came back. It was horrible, and the memories made me unable to stop crying.

"Emma, Emma, Emma, baby. Let's go listen to some My Chemical Romance in the Commons, okay?" suggested Hannah.

Hearing my name calmed me down enough to be able to get up and wipe my eyes before grabbing my shuffle and looking to Hannah. "You ready?" she asked, looking concerned. "Let's go," I said, trying to sound confident.

I took Hannah's hand and we walked downstairs together, being each others anchor to keep some massive panic attacks from happening. Looking down, I realized that I was still in my onesie and Hannah was in her usual jumper, leggings, and beanie combo. A few years ago, I might've cared about our sloppy appearances, but at this point I'm done. It would be a miracle if I got adopted, so I'm just waiting it out five more years until Hannah and I grow out of the system.

We finally reached the Commons of the orphanage, which was really just a few tables in the middle of a big room with chairs lining the walls. We were technically allowed to hang out here, but no one really did. It was sort of just used for days when families come to pick out their new baby.

Since there weren't even any families here yet, Hannah and I walked straight past Bully and to our favorite corner. We popped in our earbuds, Hannah pulled down her beanie, I zipped up my hood, and we both drifted off to sleep.

~~~

Comment, vote, follow.

Stay frantastic,

Aj