Chapter 6

A/N Hi I'm still here I didn't forget about you guys, I've just been vv busy :/ But here ya go...

~~~

My new room was painted a pretty cream color, with 2 windows, and a closet!

"Do you like it, little owl?" Sam asked. I guess my head was doing a lot of swiveling.

"Totally! I mean look at the windows! And the closet is HUGE! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I turned around and hugged each of the boys. "Oh I love it," I clasped my hands, admiring my new room.

"Yeah, we didn't get any paint or furniture because we didn't know what you'd want," Connor looked at the floor.

I pounced on him. "It's okay! The room's perfect! We can buy furniture later," I assured him.

"Okay," he kissed my cheek, making me giggle.

"Do you want to go back downstairs? We can get to know a little more about each other," Trevor suggested.

"Alright," I said. Connor started to put me down, but I was all of a sudden too dizzy and tired to walk. "Nooo, Connor, carry mee," I whined, clinging on to him more. "I know you can, I'm tiny for my age."

"Why yes you are, my little munchkin. I guess we can arrange that," he chuckled, swinging me around so that I was on his back. Bouncing me up farther, he got me situated before he started running around the whole house with me holding on for dear life.

"Connor, stop!" I laughed, "I'm gonna die!"

"Not on my watch, munchkin," he yelled, turning around and chucking me onto the couch. I landed with a thud.

"Oof," I exhaled, closing my eyes. Hearing what seemed to be a very high pitched battle cry, my eyes snapped open just in time to see a wild Trevor flying through the air onto the couch next to me. I scooted back to avoid being hit by his flailing legs. "Trevor!" I screeched. "You scared the crap outta me!"

"Sorry 'bout it," he shrugged, "this is just how I usually take a seat on the couch."

I looked over at the rest of the boys who were just standing, watching the scene. They were all nodding their heads in response to his statement, which for some reason I found very funny. As I laughed hysterically, the other boys made their way over to the couch and sat down while I composed myself. Once I calmed down enough, I turned my head to the left and ended up looking right into Ricky's eyes.

"Hi," he smirked.

"Shut up," I elbowed him, but then I froze. Mrs. Bulletin always gave us a consequence for telling our superior to shut up. Maybe if I apologize now he'll let it slide.

"Sorry, Ricky," he words tumbled out of my mouth, and I looked down at my hands. I really hope he forgives me, I don't want to learn what kinds of things the boys do for punishment quite yet. I peeked up at Ricky through my bangs. His eyebrows were furrowed, and I couldn't tell if he was mad or confused, so I tried to get as small as I could just in case he was mad. He probably was. Everyone always gets mad at me, so I'm used to it. I just wanted to get this over with with as little pain as possible. I pulled my knees to my chest, tucked my head, and curled into a little upright ball. By now, I knew the defense position that only exposed the least imprtant parts of me. I waited for impact, but it never came. When I felt a hand rest on my back, I flinched, not expecting the touch to be gentle.

"Emma," Ricky whispered, his voice breaking. I barely looked up at him. There were tears in his ees. I raised my head up a little more, and saw that all of the boys were crying. Ricky sniffed, "you thought I was going to hurt you."

"I guess. Mrs. Bulletin would've," I responded.

"Why?"

"Because she always told us to respect our superiors, and telling someone to shut up never fell in that category," I explained very quietly.

"I am so sorry, Emma. No one should have to deal with that," he said, pulling me into his arms. By now tears were streaming down my face, too. "We're here to keep you safe, and to help you, and to love you, not to hurt you. We promise."

"You love me?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

"Of course we do," I heard him reply as I fell asleep, the events of the day hitting me like a truck. "I love you, too," I whispered. And then I was out like a light.

~~~

HEY! I'm sososososo sorry being inactive kills me, but I get grounded so much that its hard for me to have a specific schedule.

But I love/hate this chapter and I would've cried writing it except for the fact that I was in school so that would've been weird....

Aaaaanywayssss,

Comment, vote, follow,

Stay frantastic,

Aj