Chapter 4

"Yes?" Ricky asked. "Yes?" He looked at the boys. "Yes! Yay! I'll go fill out the papers!"

"So I guess he's the one adopting me?" I asked as Ricky ran to the front desk.

"Legally, yes. You'll actually be living with him, Connor, Kian, and me," said Jc. "Baby Trev still lives with his mom, and Sam lives in a different apartment. We'll explain more when we get back to the house. Do you wanna go grab your stuff?"

"Yeah, sure, we can go do that. Be back in a minute," I replied, getting up and dragging Hannah back to our room.

"Are you positive you're okay with this?" I asked her, sitting cross legged on my bed for possibly the last time.

"There's no turning back now," she said grabbing a few of my hats off the dresser and chucking them in the duffel that she had open on the floor. "Plus, you can visit me a bunch and bring me over all the time. It's better for one of us to be adopted than none of us."

"I guess," I replied, "but I will miss you a bunch."

"I know, babe, me too," she sniffed, throwing my last pair of sweats in the duffel.

"You ready?" she asked the question that I knew so well.

"Let's go," I smiled. Finally, that simple exchange was meant for good, not evil.

Linking arms for our last walk down the stairs, we strutted out the door, passing the Bully on the way out. I gave her the finger as we walked past, and she glared at me with the most hatred I have ever seen her produce. I just kept walking, straight up to my new family, who were all laughing hysterically.

"She deserved it," I shrugged, which made Sam literally fall down and roll on the floor laughing.

The laughter died down, replaced by a more serious air. Connor looked at Hannah and I's linked arms, looked at me, and looked at the guys. "Okay?" he asked.

"Okay," I replied, dropping Hannah's arm.

"Maybe okay will be our always," Ricky whispered, reaching out and taking my hand. (A/N I'm sorry, I had to.)

I sure hope so. I really don't want to be returned. I'd like to stay with these boys for always, but I'm keeping my hopes down. I've seen plenty of returns in my six years, and wouldn't be surprised if I was one of them in the near future. Perfection is temporary, I've learned, and it will only be a matter of time before I find out what the imperfections are of this "family".

~~~

This is a bit short, but I have tests in all of my classes this week which sucks. So I'll try to update this weekend if I can.

Anyways,

Comment, Vote, Follow,

Stay Frantastic,

Aj