Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of a zipper and someone shaking my head around. My eyes snapped open, and I looked around, a bit disoriented, and tried to focus on Hannah's face.

"What?" I snapped, not happy about her method of waking me up.

"Mrs. Bulletin just came over and yelled me awake. I think she wanted to hit you, but she didn't know where because you're all wrapped up in that big sack of fabric," Hannah said, laughing a bit.

"Woo," I replied, twirling my finger in the air sarcastically. "Thank god for deep sleeping and comfy ass onesies!"

"Cheers," she joked, fist bumping me. This is why I loved our friendship. We got each other, and could go from being serious and sad to happy and joking around in minutes.

I looked around and saw some stuck up looking soon-to-be mommy staring at Hannah and I, probably judging our choice of attire. Even though this probably doesn't help our odds of getting adopted, its always fun to rattle a few customers before they leave with their perfect toddler.

I grinned, grabbing Hannah's hand, planting a big kiss on her cheek. I whispered in her ear that she just unknowingly helped me freak out some lady and she looked at me like I was crazy, lookd at the lady's dumbfounded reaction, and we both burst out laughing.

"You are too much, Emma," she choked out.

I took a mini bow. "Thank you for your time," I spoke in the ladies direction.

My eyes panned the room until I saw a muscular, brown haired, brown eyed guy in a tank top staring at us with an amused look on his face. Had he seen our interaction?

~~~

Ricky POV

Coming to this 'adoption center', or orphanage, the guys and I didn't know what to expect. We knew that I would be the one to adopt, because I'm the oldest *flips weave*, that we wanted a girl, and we wanted a kid from 10-14 years old. Other than those generalities, though, we were clueless.

I looked around and saw Jc talking to a girl who looked a little too uptight to live the way we do. Connor and Trevor were sort of wandering, and Sam and Kian were off doing God-knows-what.

I was about to sit down in defeat when I saw a lady staring at something with a major judgy face on. Following her gaze, I noticed what seemed to be two girls tangled up together on the ground. They were surrounded by chairs so they were hard to see.

Moving to get a better view, I could tell that one girl had noticed the lady. She then grabbed the other girls hand and kissed her on the cheek, whispering in her ear. The second girl looked at her like she was insane, glanced at the lady, and burst out laughing.

I looked over at the woman, who looked absolutely horrified that she had just witnessed some sort of gay thing. It was pretty obvious, at least to me, that what just happened was a prank pulled on the unsucspecting woman, but she obviously didn't realize that. Just as I decided that I'd go talk to the girls, Jc, Connor, and Trevor materialized by my side.

"Everyone here is too stiff for us, bro," Jc observed.

"Yeah, they'd all die after one day in the house," added Connor.

"We've talked to everyone. None seem to be a good fit," Trevor said dejectedly. He's been looking forward to getting a sister.

"I get what you guys are saying," I replied, "but I bet none of you have talked to the two girs tangled in the corner."

"The what?" they all said.

"Exactly. There are two girls curled up together in with the chairs. I was about to go talk to them. Come with me," I encouraged, starting to walk over to the girls.

~~~

Comment, vote, follow.

Stay frantastic,

Aj