Rin, I Like You

Makoto and Rin from Free! One of my favorite pairs. I don't really like to ship Makoto and Haru or Rin and Haru. 

Hope you enjoy! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Swimming practice was finished. Rin Matsuoka of the Iwatobi swim club was headed for the showers when he was tapped on the shoulder by Makoto Tachibana.

"Yo! Let's go together?"

"S-sure."

There was a slight blush on Rin's face as he walked along with the boy he likes. When they reached the locker rooms, he checked out Makoto's fine toned body as he took off his swim shorts and placed a towel on his broad shoulders.

Snapping out of his trance, Rin took off his own shorts and headed to the showers.

Thirty minutes later, Rin and Makoto were headed to Rin's house.

"Hey Rin, can we play your video games?"

"Sure. No problem"

Once they were inside Rin's home, Makoto slung his arm around Rin's shoulders and ranted on about how good the practice race was today.

"Have you seen how Haru took off at the start? He even beat you!"

Rin was annoyed at the fact that of all the things to discuss about, it was about Haru. It almost seemed like Makoto actually like Haruka.

As Makoto ranted on, Rin interrupted by saying, "Do you like Haru?"

"Eh?"

"I said, do you like Haru?"

"Hmm, I wouldn't really say like but I like him."

So he does like Haru. I've got no chance.

"I see."

Rin felt down. But he took out his video games as planned. Feeling hurt, he couldn't focus on the game and lost a few times to Makoto. 

Makoto, being the friend he was, was worried about Rin's condition. Did he misunderstand me when I said I liked Haru?

In the middle of a game, Makoto paused the game and looked at Rin. Rin just stared at the screen, looking sad. "What's up? Why'd you pause the game?"

"Why are you lonely?"

Rin blushed and looked at Makoto. Makoto looked sad himself. His eyes were worried. Rin felt even more heartbroken by the way Makoto looked at him. He stammered, "I-I-I'm not lonely or anything. I'm j-just, I'm just tired! That's all!"

"Rin, what did you think about when I said I liked Haru?"

"Why are you bringing that up again?"

"Cause I noticed that you've been down. Or maybe you're sick?"

Makoto leaned in to Rin and put his forehead against Rin's and closed his eyes. Rin couldn't help blushing and his face had heat up.

"Hmm, you do have a slight fever. Shall we stop and rest for a while?"

"U-um, y-yeah. Excuse me a bit."

Rin got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He could still feel Makoto's skin against his. But he likes Haru, doesn't he? His thought broke out and he felt heartbroken once again. I don't stand a chance against Haru.

He didn't notice that he had started crying until he felt his tears drop on his hand. He wiped the tears away and drank another cup of water. Then he washed his face and went back to his room where Makoto was waiting.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. Thanks for worrying about me."

Makoto smiled and Rin could feel his heart do a somersault. "I'm glad."

Rin gave Makoto his own smile but it only turned out to be a sad smile. Makoto got up and hugged Rin, which took Rin by surprise.

"M-Makoto?"

"Please don't worry me like that."

Rin couldn't help the tears and hugged Makoto tight to keep them from flowing but nothing could stop the tears.

"Rin? What's wrong?" Makoto looked at Rin and wiped his tears. "Are you in pain?"

Maybe he did misunderstand me. I should ask him properly.

"Rin, please tell me what's wrong."

"I-i-it's because..." Rin sobbed.

"Yes?"

"It's because y-you l-l-like H-Haru." This is embarassing. Why do I have to cry in front of him?

Rin turned away so Makoto couldn't see his face. Makoto felt sad that Rin misunderstood what he said. So, Makoto embraced Rin from behind.

"Is that it? You've misunderstood me Rin!"

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I do like Haru but not in that way."

"Then what?"

"I only like Haru's swimming. He's a great competetor too. But I like somebody else."

He still has someone he likes. I knew it. I haven't got a chance.

"I-I see. I'm sorry I've misunderstood. I'm so pathetic, right? Crying over something so small."

"Actually, I think you're cute."

"Eh?"

Rin looked at Makoto and saw his face smiling. Rin blushed deeper than before at the way Makoto looked at him. Makoto put his hands on Rin's cheeks and wiped his tears.

"Now, now, Rin. You should stop crying. You're ruining that cute face of yours. Plus, you're making me sad."

"I-I-I" I like you!

"Hm?" Makoto looked curious as to what Rin would say.

"I-I l-l-li-like" Damn it, just spit it out!

"Rin, I like you." Makoto said as Rin was spitting out, "I LIKE YOU MAKOTO" making them say it at the same time.

Makoto couldn't be more happy at what he had heard and hugged Rin. Rin hugged him back and buried his face on Makoto's shoulder.

I finally said it.

"I like you too, Rin."

Rin hugged tighter and mumbled, "Idiot."

Makoto laughed and pulled Rin to look at his face. Rin wouldn't look at him out of embarrasment yet. His face was red and his heart was pounding.

"Rin, please look at me." Makoto begged.

Rin, slowly looked at Makoto. When their eyes met, Rin could feel Makoto's lips brushing over his. Without a second thought, Rin crashed his lips against Makoto's. Their lips moved in perfect sync and Makoto licked Rin's bottom lip, asking for entrance.

Rin parted his lips and let Makoto explore the inside of his mouth.

When they parted, Rin's heart was thumping as he could still feel Makoto's lips on his.

"I like you Rin."

"M-me too. I like you Makoto."

"I know! Come on, let's finish the game."

"Right."

The two swimmers went back to the game controllers and continued the game. Rin couldn't feel any happier at what he had heard.

I like you Rin. He couldn't believe how those words could have such a big impact on his emotions. For the first time since Australia, he felt happy for himself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -