Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Lines, people, lines!" Shouted Sister Ernestine, through the megaphone. "I know its a new school year but there is no excuse for such disorder! Get into your lines!"

A new school year. Yipee! Another year of being learnt things that has no use in our future at all.

Sister Ernestine tapped the microphone and the high pitched sound emitted for the speakers, making us cover our ears. Sister Ernestine smirked. This was the desired effect she was hoping for. We all simpered into our lines in order of class and gender.

"Now that I have your attention, I would like to introduce a new student to our school. Chris Berwick in the sophomore class. I would like someone to show him around......lets see....." I knew who she was going to pick before she said it. "ahh.....Miss Simon, step up here please and show the young man around. Assembly dismissed."

Chris was a tall, rather good-looking guy with dark brown messy hair and I could see he worked out quite a lot. I was too far away to see what colour his eyes were. But I could see that he had this rather depressed aura around him. Wonder why?

I walked up to him and I stuck out my hand.

"Suze Simon..."

Chris shook my hand and gave me a genuine smile.

"Chris Berwick," he said smiling. "Nice to meet you."

I smiled back. The guy seemed good natured and polite.

'So your the new guy, right? Need help finding your way?' I asked sweetly.

"Yeah. Okay, could you show me where locker...." he glanced at his timetable. "number 272 is?" he asked.

"Huh, next to my locker no 273. Looks like we're gonna be seeing quite alot of each other"

"Yeah, I guess." Chris looked kinda sad. I was wondering why but I decided not to pester the poor guy. It was probably something personal.

I led him to his locker and he threw some stuff in it I asked him which classes he has first.

"Ummm....US History, French, English and......Spanish." he said. Why on earth would he take Spanish? It's useless. No offence Maybe he needed the extra credit. Learning two extra languages can be beneficial, I guess.

"Ummmm, okay. I have US History and French with you but the rest I will just show you the classes and see you later at lunch."

He nodded.

"Mr. Walden teaches US History. He is a little bit unpatient sometimes but the rest of the time he is okay." I explained. Was that the understatement of the year.

Chris smiled. There was something strange about his smile though. Something familiar. I shook the thought away.

We reached the classroom and sat down and Chris sat down on the desk next to me. Many girls are glancing at him and whispering. Paul Slater walked in, waved at me, and winked. I rolled my eyes at him. He has been stalking me ever since he moved to Carmel, wanting to be my boyfriend, it's so pathetic. Five words: Not In a Million Years

I saw Chris look mad when Paul winked at me. He turned to me.

"Who is that?" he asked anger in his voice. Do I detect jealousy, hmm what's his deal.

"Paul Slater...." I said confused.

"Are you going out with him?" he asked anger still in his voice. I laughed.

"No way!" He visibly relaxed. "Why?"

He shook his head.

Just then I caught the eye of none other than, bad boy, Jesse de Silva. This guy is bad news. I heard he stole cars and ran them over bridges. He's been arrested, suspended and banned many times. But, I have to admit, he IS super hot, in his latino way, tall at 6 ft'3 and well muscular with captivating brown eyes and the silkiest brown hair. I could just run my fingers through it, snap out of it Suze my inner vice screeched, his BAD NEWS!!

I tugged at Chris. I needed to warn the guy before he got in with the wrong crowd. Don't ask me why I care really, 'cause I don't know. I felt the need of caring and protecting him.

"Listen, see that guy? Yeah, his name is Jesse de Silva. The dude is a mental case. I am warning you, don't get involved with him. He is bad news." I explained.

Chris looked absolutely shocked. Like he couldn't, and absolutely didn't want to believe it.

"No, wha...." Chris began but he was interrupted by Jesse.

"Good morning, Susannah. How are you?" he asked. I glared at him. Why does he use my full name? I do not know. Weirdo

"De Silva..... You are not wanted here." I said in a mean voice. Jesse turned to Chris and stuck out his hand. Chris took it. I grabbed him away from him.

"Chris! I told you don't get involved with him!" I hissed at him.

Chris pulled away.

"I am just shaking his hand, M....I mean Suze. No biggie."

I went back to my seat and though out the class I glared at Jesse but he just smiled. Again- what a weirdo.

I looked at Chris who saw me glaring at Jesse. He had a crestfallen look on his face. I looked at his eyes and I noticed that they were green....kinda like mine really. They were filled with loss of hope and I immediately felt like I wanted to cheer him up.

Why was he like this?

Why was I like this?

****Ten votes for next chappie!!********