Chapter 3

**Updatee, ***

Comment & Vote

<3

Chapter 3.

Let's just say that the street race was boring. The racers whizzed by and I had no clue who they are. I just couldn't help noticing that Jesse kept staring at me. And I couldn't help but stare back at him. Then I would see something pass though his eyes every time I would catch his eye. He would just turn away and a second later he would continue staring at me and I would see him from the corner of my eye. Why was he staring at me like that? Chris seemed delighted at the race, I have no clue why. Weird.

Does he like me?

I don't think so.

Suze! Snap out of it, thats utterly laughable!!

- Next day at school

After assembly, I dragged Chris to US History because I saw Jesse heading this way. Chris grunted as I pulled him.

"Ow ow ow ow!" Cried Chris "SUZE! Can you please stop DRAGGING me! I want to talk to Jesse for a while!"

"NO! Chris how many times do I have to tell you that Jesse...Is.....Bad......News!" I nearly shouted "He got arrested! He got suspended! He is a bad influence!" I breathed in and out.

Chris looked shocked. His eyes were wide and he stared at something behind me, or should I say someone. Jesse was standing behind me and I bet he heard every word I said. Oops.

Jesse looked hurt by my words. He stared at me with those eyes of his and I could see hurt and loss of hope swirling in those big chocolate browns.

"Susannah? Is this what you think of me? That I am this....this.....bad boy? A run away from the law?" he said in a hurt voice. He was stepping backwards. The handsome features on his face were etched with sadness.

"Well....well....." I couldn't think of anything to say. I just cast my eyes down and when I lifted them I saw Jesse was gone, but Chris stood there looking down at me.

"Suze....have you ever thought that Jesse had a reason for.....breaking the rules? Maybe he had a reason for breaking them and he had no alternative. Maybe he is a good guy and maybe...." Chris leaned down and whispered so nobody would hear except me ".........it is because of the same gift both you and him share." With that Chris walked away. Oh My God.

Did Chris mean what I think he meant?

Was Jesse a Mediator? Was this why he was a bad boy? Or the given appearance of a bad boy? The same way I was back in New York? Before I came to California and found other Mediator's.

I found someone who shared the same talent as me. Someone who helped me kick ghost butt. But Jesse doesn't know. He tried to battle ghosts by himself. Oh My God. He must've felt so alone, with no one to confine in, no one to help him. I had Father Dom..........and sometimes Paul. But Jesse.....

Jesse was all alone.

He's mediator, just like me and, I'm guessing, Chris.

I always thought I was the only one, but after meeting Father Dominic I realised there were more of us. I first had my encounter with a ghost at the tender age of three. But from then onwards I have been kicking ghost butt, or helping, well some of them are nice, then there are those annoying one's who go the abandoned places and start playing tricks on people. Then there's the creepiest ones who haunt grave yards - lost souls. Those are the one's who I need to watch out for, and those wicked vengeful ones who continuously try to ruin people's lives. The thing with ghosts is; they NEED to move on to the other side, heaven or hell. Mediator's help get them there. I use more forceful method's, however people like Father Dom use the other, kinder, method's. What's the point of being kind to the dead? I do not know. They had their turn living and breathing, just like everyone else.

Father Dom!

I should go tell him about Jesse, and Chris. He'll probably want to know more about their experiences with ghosts and his probably just as excited as me.

I pushed passed the people, in the crowded breezeway and made my towards his office. I knocked on the door and waited. A second later he opened it and peered at me.

"Susannah, what's the matter?" he asked. Usually I come see him when I need help with the ghost-busting.

I walked past him and sat on one of the chairs. He shut the door and made his way to the desk.

"Father Dom, I think I've found more of us," I murmured.

"You mean Paul? And his brother? Well I know that Susannah-"

I cut him off. "No not Paul, I mean that new guy- Chris and maybe...Jesse" I explained.

"Hmm, I'm aware of that Susannah-" I cut him off again.

"What the heck? Then why didn't you tell me so!" I shrieked. I mean come on I should know these things, I thought Father Dom was on a level with me, and that we saw eye-to-eye, if you get where I'm coming from.

"Susannah, please calm down. I didn't tell you as I've only discovered this myself seeing as Chris only arrived yesterday. And it is not in my position to tell you this, it theirs."

I guess he's right. Next time I see Jesse I'll confront him.