Watch your back [ Ch.1 ]

The wind whistles past the trees, bringing shivers down Shasta's spine. Her paws slowly drifted through the snow. Oakley swayed behind her. Her glance turns to him and the sun leaves a sparkle in her eye. "Where are we headed?" Oakley asks. "Down north, its the only safe place we can go to." Shasta said intensely. They heard howls roaming across the land, leaving cold remarks. "We must hurry Oakley!" Shasta said sharply.
They've been running for an hour straight, and they have finally outran the demon dogs. One of which was Daisy, who was Shasta's best friend until she got bit. Shasta sat down and shivered, laying her head down letting out slow and mournful whimpers. "I miss her..." Shasta said miserably. "I-I know you do, And I do to. But there's nothing we can do." Oakley said as he sat down at her side, nuzzling her slowly. Shasta's eyes drifted to him and glistened. Their paws together and they both slowly fell asleep.
             Shasta was awoken by someone shaking her, and it wasn't Oakley. Shasta jumped up quickly and snarled and then saw who it was. "Woah, woah woah. It's just me. It's Nyah." She laughed and nuzzles her a bit. "You scared me." Shasta said unsteadily. "I'm sorry. Oh! where's your boyfriend?" Nyah said humorously. "Who? Oakley? I-I" She looks down and stammers. "I'm in here!" Yells Oakley from inside of a dark cave. "Come on. We have a long journey ahead of us." Nyah said slowly. "Alright." Shasta and Oakley said at the same time.