TAKE IV- His full attention.

TAKE IV.

It was a breezy morning as I walked down the road to Spero. Today is a non-school day; Saturday, so I might as well start to help Shiori earlier. Last night it rained and it dragged until today. Reo came to the bakery yesterday after school and talked a lot with Shiori. So nostalgic. We used to play together a lot. How I got so close to Reo?

    Well, when we were 12 years old, Reo came to Sydney because of his father’s business. He was my neighbor and we had a lot of fun time together along with Shiori. He stayed for a year then went back to Japan. Sure I missed him, that’s why I could recognize him the minute we met.

    He knew I could bake well. He knew I don’t like it when people call me girly and weak. He knew I went as a guy for work. And he didn’t care at all. He’s truly a best friend you’d want to have.

    Today, it’s just like any other Saturday, except that I received two familiar customers in the bakery today. At exactly 8am, Shiori had gone out for further reservations with some other company. Minutes later, Shiro and Akashi entered and sat quite close with the counter. I took their orders and sat at the counter, listening to what they have to say.

    “So that’s the guy, Shiro?” I heard Akashi said.

    “Shh! He’ll hear us! And uh, yes he is....” though Shiro’s whispering, I could still hear them; loud and clear. She sometimes glanced at me and I can see Akashi holding back his laugh.

    “Anyway, about the commotion I heard that day! Akashi-kun! Are you really gonna compete with the soccer club!?” Shiro almost yelled.

    “Relax, Shiro. You know me, no?” Akashi answered.

    Shiro pouted. “Sheesh! I know you never lose and so on but didn’t you see how Kazu-chan played!? She’s more than amazing! If the Kiseki no Sedai exists in the soccer world, she’ll be one of them!”

He never lose?

    “Kazu-chan? You’re friends with her already?”

    “Well, d-uh!”

    “Glad for you, then.”

    “Let’s talk about the main point here.”

    Akashi nodded. “Yeah, about the school festival in another two months.”

Wow, school festival....

    Suddenly, the bell chimed. I looked up and saw three girls entering the bakery with the bitch-est face they can make. I know who they are and what they want. Because as soon as they got in, the tallest girl went to Shiro and pulled her up. I wanted to help but decided to stay silent for a while.

    “How dare you flirt with my Akashi!” she yelled.

    “Flirt?” Shiro frowned. Akashi seemed calm. He glanced at me and our gaze met for a moment before I turned away.

    “Akashi-kun! How can you do this!” the girl turned to Akashi with a slap-me-face.

    “Inoue, she’s not flirting and she’s here because we’re talking about the school event coming in the next two months.” He said.

    “But still she’s flirting!” the girl called Inoue said and turned to Shiro. “Stop staring at Akashi with your so not beautiful face!” she added.

    Shiro stood. “Excuse you! I’m prettier than you and you should know I am NOT flirting with him!”

    I held back my laugh. ‘Go get ‘em Shiro!’ I cheered for her in my heart.