Chapter Three~Brother's Love

MCJones POV:

Jumping to my feet, I pace back and forth resting my hands on the top of my head. Sweat trickled down my back as my breathing quickened.

What...

What was that?

I take a slow deep breath pressing my hand against my chest.

Why am I so freaked out about this? I mean seriously? It was just a dream.

"Stewart, are you okay?" A soft raspy voice filled my ears.

I froze, snapping to look at Austin who was struggling to sit up. I rushed to his side, "Your awake," My arm wrapped around his side, "Are you alright?"

He laid his head on my shoulder releasing a nasty deep cough, "I feel like death if you really wanna know. You haven't answered my question."

A shaky sigh escaped my lips, "You'll feel like that for a while, you have zombie aids which is a disease that slowly kills you." My fingers creased through his thick hair just like I what I used to do when Austin had severe anxiety attacks. It's truly heartbreaking to see him such a fragile state. What's worse is how helpless I am.

His eye lids fluttered shut, "Figures, I'm usually the lucky one," His voice cracked feeling his body tremble against mine.

My arms wrap around his body, tugging him closer to me, "I'm sorry that this happened. I can't believe it happened. Zombie aids is such a rare thing to catch." Dread filled me to the brim as negative thoughts exploded in my mind.

This is all your fault. You should of been there for him. You should of stopped it. Now he's going to die a very painful death.

"It's not your fault, Stewart," Austin's raspy voice snapped me out of my trance, "there's no way you would of been able to prevent this. I don't want you to think for a second that it's your fault." My brother's stern voice really surprised me.

I rested my chin on the top of Austin's head, "I..." I swallowed the words, "Your right. It's just so hard to see you like this," My teeth sunk into the bottom lip. I've never felt so helpless in my life.

Austin's face scrunched up as a low groan escaped his lips, "Hurts..." He whispered withering a little in pain.

I hugged him tighter, "I know," I choked back the tears, "I promise we'll make you better."

We don't have time to rest, if we don't start searching for this antidote, he won't make it.

A hand touched my shoulder, "How's he doing?" I looked up to see Jeff's sad filled eyes.

I put my hand over his, "Not great. I think we should get going now. I'm not sure how much time he really has left. The faster we find this antidote the better it'll be for everyone."

Jeff nodded shifting his gaze to Austin's twisted face, "I hope we find it fast."

I smiled slightly watching Jeff walk over to Dean. I've known Jeff for many years since he was Austin's best friend. They both care about each other a great deal, I just hope that it doesn't end.