Chapter Six~Desert Temple

Dean's POV:

The structure looked a lot like a temple but in block form. There were two tall towers made out of a yellow substance with marking engraved on the blocks. In the middle of the towers was this small pyramid. Glancing over at Jeff, his eyes were glued to the map, "Looks like this is the place. The antidote should be in this location," He rolled the map and slipped it in his back pocket. There was a small light penetrating out of the top of the pyramid, lighting up the pitch black area.

Swallowing, Jeff gripped my elbow, "Be mindful of your surroundings. I remember Stewart telling me about monsters that come out at night," I nodded turning back to the structure.

As we approached the structure, the light shined around the pyramid allowing us to take a good view of the flat desert landscape. I climbed up the pyramid, "Let's get this over with,"

"Dean-"

I jumped through the small hole hearing Jeff yell my name slamming into the ground on my side. A loud groan escaped from my lips as pain boomed throughout the body.

Oh what a bad idea that was!

"Dean, you moron! Are you alright?"

Glancing up, Jeff's head peaked through the hole, "I'm alright! Sorry, I guess that wasn't one of my brightest ideas." I sheepishly smiled stumbling to my feet. Leaning against the wall, another beam of light shined through another hole in the pyramid, "Jeff, stay up there! This structure goes deeper and I'm not really seeing anything on this level," My voice bounced off the small squared level.

"Okay, be careful and please for the love of God think before you act!" He hollered back.

Smirking to myself, my eyes looked down the hole to see a square stone pressure plate in the middle of these four chests. My eye brows knitted together.

What is that?

Gripping on the solid yellow block, I swing myself away from the plate, landing inches away from it.

Well, I'm not about to find out. This whole place could go crumbling down for all I know.

I pushed the chest open in which I was greeted with a soft hissing sound.

What-

A loud bang ringed in my ears as a force caused me to fly into the wall knocking the wind out of me in the process. Blocks flew everywhere, crumbling when impacted with the wall. My arms covered my head, hunching into a small ball. Once the sound of blocks crushing into each other stopped, I coughed waving away the dust. Squeezing my eyes closed, I scrunch my face groaning loudly. The light shined through the dust revealing blocks stacked up on top of each other, leading up the hole.

How is that possible? There's no way that-wait what am I thinking? This world is far from reality. 

A small frown formed on my lips.

I can't leave without that antidote.

Slowly getting on my knees, I pull myself up with the help of the wall. Pain boomed through my chest causing me to grip it stumbling slightly.

C'mon, do it for Austin.

I stepped over a couple of blocks seeing another chest. My heart pounded against my chest.

What if it's another trap?

The true danger of this entire journey really set in for me. As I approached the chest, I didn't notice the red lock pushing the top. The sound of a bottle breaking echoed as a rush of sharp pain stabbed my chest. My knees smashed into the sand, my fingers digging into it. I heaved feeling a rush of nausea tears flowing freely down my face.

I...can't....breathe...

A whimper escaped my lips as my vision blurred still constantly gasping for air. My hand grasped my chest. Every bit of my body felt like it was on fire and trembled violently.

I sucked in as much air as possible turning my head upward to the squirling ceiling, "Jeff, help!" I wheezed as my trembling arms gave way welcoming the darkness with open arms.

Jeff's POV:

I paced back and forth scanning the surrounding.

He's taking way too long, Austin may not even be alive by the time we get back.

Without thinking, I jumped through the whole landing perfectly on my feet. The small squared level had many holes in it with blocks spread across it.

It wasn't like this when I looked through the hole.

"Dean?" I peaked through the hole in the middle of the square to see dust and a block staircase. Many blocks were scattered across what looked like the last level. Climbing down the staircase, I see a body in the middle of the room. My heart dropped in my stomach.

"Dean!" I cried running toward him. Bending down, I push Dean on his back using two fingers to check his pulse.

Oh thank God for a heartbeat!

A heavy sigh escaped my lips, "I'm sorry Dean. I should of came down with you," My fingers ran through my hair.

"You think you can out smart me?" A deep voice snarled bouncing off the walls and echoing through the room.

I jumped, frantically scanning the room and jumping to my feet, "What do you want!" I cried out looking for any shadow.

"You don't know what I'm capable of, Jeff. I have the power to kill you in the snap of a finger. Watch your back." It whispered.