Chapter Eight~Do You Wanna Play?

Jeff's POV:

Tears streamed down my face pulling Dean close, "I'm so sorry...I don't know what got into me," I choked shifting to my knees. Wet sticky substance clung to my pale skin as I begin to pull his shirt off. Black and blue bruises covered his chest but there was no visible open injuries. The only open injury appears to be on his face where a slow stream of blood flowed from a gash on his forehead. I wrapped his shirt around his head tightly.

Times ticking, Jeff. You may have saved him but you'll never save Austin. A raspy voice echoed through my head.

My heart pounded against my chest squeezing my eyes closed.

Don't  listen. Don't listen. Don't listen. I repeated over and over again until the voice finally stopped.

Slipping Dean into my arms, my feet smash against the sandy staircase up.

Just stay strong. There's gotta be something along the way back. Maybe we missed something.

The possibility of Austin not making it was becoming more and more real. It also didn't help that there was this voice with no figure attached to it. I'm really hoping that I'm not going crazy.

I've known him for such a long time I can't let this happen.

Stewart POV:

My stomach rumbled softly as did Austin's. A heavy sigh escaped my lips glancing around the flat green grass field.

I've got to find food for us. Starving to death is something that I can prevent.

Shifting Austin's head off my lap, I break a branch off the block tree looking for any animal or fruit.

How am I going to get Austin to eat? He can barely stay conscious for a minuet. 

Scanning the area again, I spot a single cow. Briskly walking toward it, I remember a small tip about this world which is that you can kill any animal with any weapon. With all my strength, I smash the branch against the cow causing it to run in a circle. Repeating the action, the cow dissolved into two pieces of meat.

My eyes widen at the spinning meat.

This world is so weird.

I mused picking up the two slaps of meat.

Turning back around, my heart dropped to my stomach. Austin wasn't there.

Running back, I scan the area to search for any figure any clues as to where he went.

There's NO way that he got up and started walking. He's way too weak for that.

I skidded to a stop just staring at the place where Austin was. A ping of guilt hit my chest hard as my hand grips my hair slightly pulling it.

What. Is. Going. On. In. This. World?!

A million of thoughts ran through my head, my foot kicking up dirt, "Whose out there!? What did you do to my brother?! Give him back now!" My raged voice echoed through the open field.

A soft voice chuckled as another wooden structure just appeared out of no where, "Why don't we play a game?"

My body trembled, swallowing the lump in my throat, "W-What game? Who are you?"

The structure glowed slightly as the sun started to set  faster than usual, "If you are able to make it to the wooden blocked shed then you get your brother back with the disease gone."

A frown formed on my lips.

Sounds way too simple.

"What's the catch to this? I can easily walk to any structure," I folded my arms against my chest staring at the stars.

The voice chuckled again, "There's not really a catch. Just come over to the structure if you really don't believe me."

Slowly taking a step forward, a number of mobs appeared in front of the structure.

"Oops." It said simply.

I groan in frustration, "Can I at least have some sort of weapon?"

No reply.

Are you kidding me? Is this guy really expecting me to fight a herd of skeletons with a stick?!

"Times ticking, Stewart. If you really want to save your brother I would get to it."

Running across the field, I swung my stick at anything moving dodging the arrows flying in my direction. A skeleton's head rolled on  the ground as the pile of bones disappeared. However, I forgot about the second skeleton.

A loud cry escaped my lips as pain exploded in my shoulder. Grunting, I pull out the small silver arrow. Blood seeped out of the wound soaking up my shirt. I glared at the skeleton throwing the arrow back at it hitting it square in the face. The head popped off causing the skeleton to turn into a single piece of bone.

Straightening my posture, I step into the small structure, "Alright I made it! Now give me back Austin!"

A slow clap echoed off the small wooden box like structure, "You really are a good fighter, aren't you? It's just too bad you weren't prepared for the unexpected."

A soft hiss filled my ears as dread filled me to my core. Before I could even turn around, a blast hit me square in the back, sending me flying through the wall and into a nearby tree. My body slammed into the tree, hitting my head on impact. Darkness flooded my vision.