Prologue

Okay, so we are doing a prologue, because sure why not. Add comments if you want. I hope you like it!

————

"Your time is up, hedgehog!"

Sonic stopped running. The two enemies were now in Green Hill Zone. "Come on, Tails," Sonic thought, "Where are you?" He didn't show his worry, though. The hedgehog simply looked up at the egg-shaped man, smirking.

"You really gotta up change your lines, doc," the speedster retorted. "I don't think the viewers at home are very impressed."

"Oh, Sonic, you and your snappy comebacks. Thankfully, I won't have to deal with them when I finish you off with this!" Eggman pushed a giant button on his Eggmobile's control pad. A ginormous laser came out of the vehicle. "Tails would probably know how it fits."

"I present to you, The Egg Laser"

Sonic simply laughed, "'The Egg Laser'? And I thought you only had to work on your lines, Egg-belly. Turns out, your invention names also need a rewrite."

"Quit breaking the fourth wall, hedgehog!" The evil doctor yelled, annoyed. "When this laser hits any given body part, it disables it."

"Yeah, sure," Sonic yawned. "So interesting."

Then, without warning, Eggman fired the laser. The hedgehog screamed. He couldn't feel his legs, yet he was standing. He tried, but he couldn't move his legs at all.

"What's the matter, Sonic?" Eggman questioned, mockingly. "Are you stuck?"

Eggman laughed as Sonic continued to struggle. "Maybe if I can fall over..." The hedgehog tried. Nothing.

"You know," Eggman questioned, starting up the Egg Laser again, "I still don't know how this laser would effect one's brain."

If Sonic wasn't already panicking, he sure was now. "Come on, Tails! Where are ya?" The last thing he would want is for his best friend and little brother to find him like this. Knowing Tails, he would feel guilty to no end.

Without thinking twice, Eggman aimed the Egg Laser at his sworn enemy's head, and fired...