Chapter 4 - A Suprise

Tails sat in pure shock on the other side of the curtain. Half of him wanted to lunge through the curtain, hug Sonic, and tell him that he was okay. The other half of him wondered why? The fastest hero in all of Mobius, and he didn't want to lose Tails, a mutated fox.

Then Tails realized. When he and the doctor were watching the television, Eggman and Sonic appeared to be having a conversation before the robot crushed his brother. If that was the conversation about the laser's test results, that would mean...

Tails felt the tears creeping up, but he didn't try and stop him. Guilt had won the battle, along with the help of worry. He remained silent for Elwin though. He trusted the doctor. He sat there in his own puddle of tears, as did Sonic on the other side of the curtain.

That's when he heard it.

"Sonic, there's a surprise for you... on the other side of the curtain..."

————

Sonic looked at the curtain next to him, a bit confused. "A... s-surprise...?"

Elwin simply nodded. "Yep. I was going to show it to you later, but I think now would be a good time."

Sonic thought for a moment. His bed was right next to the curtain. Maybe their would be an explanation for that when he saw what "the surprise."

What was this surprise...

————

Tails sat on the other side, confused. He heard the doctor's voice.

What surprise?

"Here let me help you..." Elwin pushed the curtain towards the hedgehog, not yet revealing the kit, but revealing his bed.

Tails finally understood.

I am the surprise...

————

The hedgehog looked next to him, curious yet concerned. Beyond the half of the curtain pulled back was... another bed? Sonic looked up at his doctor showing him a questionable look.

Elwin simply smiled, "Go on..."

The hedgehog gave him an awkward glance before he grabbed the green curtain with his good arm and pulled it aside...

There was suddenly silence.

His eyes widened...

His heart rate monitor beeped, as it suddenly sped up...

His jaw nearly dropped...

Oh my Chaos...

————

His blue orbs met the other's green ones for the first time in what felt like forever. It had only been two and a half days, but the time had passed by as slow as a snail. He felt water in his eyes, and saw fresh tears in his brother's emeralds. As if the two of them hadn't cried enough this week already.