Chapter 1

My parents and I had just come back from a hunting trip. I knew after they feed, they were more rational. I hoped it would help. I reminded myself to keep my shield up, reinforcing my father out of my head.

"Sooooo. Mom. Dad. Jennifer mentioned to me that she really wants to go to South America to visit her brother. You know, the brother that saved all of our lives from ultimate destruction a couple years ago."

I cringed at my convincing skills. I am normally very persuasive, but I knew this would be a sensitive subject.

"That's sweet. Tell her to give Nahuel and Huilen our kindest regards, honey." My mom said while taking down her bun and letting her hair fall softly amongst her shoulders.

"Okay." I bit my lip. My father looked warily at me.

I spoke quickly, "She also asked if I could accompany her" I panicked and immediately switched into begging mode. "Please please please it will only be—"

"Out of the question. Absolutely not. No." My father interjected before I could give my good points.

"You haven't even heard my reasoning!" I complained.

"I don't have to. No is no. Don't start with me on this, Renesmee."

I could see my eyes clouding up. "Aunt Alice can see my future now, and I can knock down any chromosomal wall the rest of the hybrids have so she can see their future too, while I'm in range! Why can't you just understand."

"Nessie, where is this coming from?" my mother said shocked. "You want to leave us?"

"No! Mom, it's only going to be for a couple of weeks, and she said she wants to go to Europe after maybe, visit her other sister in Spain. I thought it would be appropriate as a Senior trip."

"You're not in High school, Nessie." My father said coldly, eyes probing my mind trying to get through my shield-like wall in my mind.

"No," I agreed. "But with the homeschooling you and mom have been giving me, I might as well be. I'm learning at a college level now, for crying out loud." I wailed.

"Just because you're intelligent does not mean you're mature enough for traveling alone Nessie. You're only seven." My mother pointed out.

"Mom you know my literal age is not in correlation with my actual age level. I'm really like sixteen years old, but way more responsible. If my maturity level was at the same level as a High school Senior, would you let me go? Plus, in that case Jennifer is basically thirty. Perfectly capable of handling a minor." They knew that even though Jennifer was around thirty years old, she would have the mentality of a twenty-year-old forever. Though more responsible. Once I hit my maturity age, I would stay there forever. I have a year or so to go, my grandfather predicts.

"I thought you hated our "Nomadic" life. I thought you wanted to settle down in a single place, not go all over the world like a true nomad." My mother was confused.

My father's forehead wrinkled. "Bella, we are not Nomads. We are simply enjoying the Canadian coast along with its famous national parks. Lots of people do this."

"Not for years at a time." I huffed.

My father's' eyes narrowed. "We could settle down in Winnipeg, if you'd like. Just as soon as your birthday comes. We'll even enroll you in school."

I grimaced. I absolutely love being with my family. But I didn't like being that far away from Jake.

Before I noticed I had let my guard go and let my shield slip my mind, my father had already read my thoughts.