9. Sensibility is over-rated

There was loud pounding on the door, "Hi, my brother would like you to feel at home," he smiled and gave me a letter and bowl of pasta. Might I say, the bowl of the most exotic looking delicious pasta I had ever eaten in my life! After the foodgasming I returned to my respectable civility and perused the envelope that had my name on it in beautiful round writing.

Dear Ms. Martin,

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for every inconvenience you have experienced on behalf of all my siblings, as well as Alexandra. I am forever in your debt for your integral participation in preventing us, from loosing Lexi.

If you are in need of any assistance, of any kind supernatural or mundane, I would be glad to extend my assistance on behalf of us all.

However, if you shall choose to forget and leave behind the knowledge of us I would understand your choice.

Elijah Mikaelson

What was that about, had Elijah sent me note! Like an actual note! Oh my god!

So I did what I usually do, I over reacted and acted like a total mess. When I was passing by Lexi's room to go see Elijah, I heard her speaking to someone. She said that she'll be back in a couple of hours and that she missed them too!

Alright so there was a guy in Vivienne bitch faces life. So cool! Who was this guy? Was he hot like Klaus and Elijah? And like the other Mikaelsons? What if it was a girl? Could she be bisexual or lesbian? Why not?

I knocked at the door to find a very well dressed man greet me almost instantly.

"Hi," I breathed slowly.

"Good morning, Ms. Martin, did you receive my note?" He smiled brightly at me.

"Yeah, I'm actually here about that." I confessed shying away.

He caught on quickly and asked, "Would you like to join me for some tea?"

"I.. I guess I could." I gushed madly and followed him out.

We were seated at the corner table in a quiet cafe. "How are you feeling today?" He began, pushing the menu towards me.

"I feel better, not dizzy at all." I cheerily responded.

"That's great, how's your arm?" He stretched out his palm toward me."May I?"

Please don't faint, it's just concern. Do not read into it.

I heastiantly pulled up the sleeve of my borrowed sweat shirt and put my hand in Elijahs. I don't know why, but as soon as his fingers wrapped around my wrist. His eyes shot up at me and he smirked knowingly. What was that?

"It looks better, I would suggest you carry some of the medicine Finn and Kol have been helping you with." he spoke quietly examining the gash on my forearm.

I pulled away and waited for the waitress to place a pot of tea and a tray of some fancy ass assorted biscuits.

"I would like to apologize again, for dragging you into my family's mess. Niklaus can get carried away sometimes," he poured me cup and then for himself.

"It was literally a matter of life and death so I guess, we can let it go this time," I smiled.

"Ofcourse" he smirked and continued, "I assure you Ms. Martin, I won't let there be a next time," he said firmly.

A knot began to form inside my stomach, what did he mean there won't be a next time? Did want to get rid of me?

"You, uhm you can call me Estella." I whispered unsure of what response would be appropriate for his previous statement.

He smiled, "It's been a pleasure to know someone like you, Estella." He put his hand forward to shake mine.

So this is good bye. Yup. I took it and shook on it slowly. "I can't say I'm thrilled, but it was nice to know you guys Mr. Mikaelson."

"Elijah, it's Elijah." He repeated and held on for a second as I began to let go. My eyes immediately found his at this gesture, and he turned pink dropping my palm like a hot potato.

We let the awkward moment pass and I stuffed some those biscuits in my mouth. That was exactly when Elijah chose to time his question, "So Estella, what did you want to speak to me about?"

I wanted to respond, but only a muzzled sound came out. Elijah suppressed a giggle, at what I'm sure was me looking like a hamster stuffing my face. After I finished my face full of confectionery I began.

"The thing is you said if was in trouble, you would help me out?" I spoke so carefully not to come of like I was imposing.

"Anything Ms., I mean Estella. I gave you my word and."

"Yeah I know you don't give it lightly." I immediately realised I kinda teased him with that remark, but he was smiling so I sighed in relief.

"The thing is. Actually what I wanted to ask was. If it wasn't weird...could..." I was a fumbling mess. I was stuttering over tea, with the man with the most perfect cheek bones and a jaw line that could cut through..focus! Es focus!

"Estella, I assure you, I will do everything in my power to help you please don't hesitate."

"Actually, Elijah I don't how to contact you if something ever comes up." I looked at my tea like it was the most interesting colour in creation.

"That was silly of me, but it can be taken of easily. Here you go." He gave me his card, "call me anytime."

"Estella, there's something I was wondering. I don't mean to pry."

"What is it Elijah?"

"I know that you asked for it, so I did give you my contact information. But are you going to remember whom that card belongs to when you get back to Carson Bay?"

I looked at him unsure of what to answer, I didn't understand what he meant. So I asked him, in my experience asking is always better then guessing.

"That is something you keep mentioning repeatedly. In your note too, what did you mean if I chose to forget?"

"I'm sorry, you see if you wish to return to your normal life and forget about the past few days it is very much possible. Vampires have the ability to compel you to do things in your case forget things too. But of course it is your decision."

"You can make me forget you, Lexi, all of this?"

His face paled at my question, something in his expression changed. "Do you want to?"

I didn't know the answer to that question, sure I was living a boring life. But this was not me, it was dangerous and these people were sturdy. I on the other hand was a very easily killable mortal. So if he would have asked me for another date, I would have said yes in a heart beat. But to commit to the knowledge of their existence was a lot more scary.

"It's alright Estella, I told you. If you haven't decided yet, I suggest give it some serious thought. Whatever you decide, I'll always be there with or without your knowledge, I owe you for saving Lexi."

The drive back was quick, and awkward. There was no point in getting to know eachother if I was going to forget Elijah as soon as I got home.