Chapter 20

Hermione in particular was in big trouble with her friends and their family. Molly was quick to storm the Hogwarts grounds, dragging Arthur with her. Ron was silent, perhaps thinking that he could have been Hermione's one but wasn't and Ginny bounced everywhere.

Harry was behind her, as even though they could move pretty freely now, Hermione could tell he didn't want to let Ginny out of his sight. He was used to having his happiness spoiled and something told him that the same would happen again.

Molly and Narcissa then proceeded to drag Hermione away for wedding planning, though Draco was not far behind. Blaine and Luna were having their first date at a restaurant in Diagon Alley and Draco was hoping to catch a glimpse of what happened as he strolled past.

Ron and Pansy still fought like hell but they started to warm up to each other slightly, thanks to both their desire. Desire for Hermione, from Ron and desire for Draco from Pansy. However,  since their engagement, they seemed to have gotten over it slightly and Pansy agreed to help Hermione with wedding planning.

It was in the middle of cake tasting that Hermione announced who her bridesmaids were. "I love you all so much but I love Draco much more. Anyway, Pansy, will you be my Maid of Honour?"

Ginny and Pansy both choked on the cake they had just bitten in to. "Me?"
"Hermione, we agreed I would be your Maid of Honour." Ginny frowned.  "Don't worry, Ginny. I want two Maids of Honour, you and Pansy."

Pansy still looked in shock. "Me? But why?"
Hermione shrugged. "Draco wanted Ron, Harry and Blaise as all his best men. I didn't want you to feel left out. Besides, if our wedding is going to be the thing that saves us all, then I want to show as much unity between houses as possible. The Slytherin-Gryffindor wars will hopefully end soon. I think we can do a lot better than our days at school."

Hermione held out her hand and Pansy shook it, smiling. "Anyway, I say we have chocolate cake as it's the one that united us. Ginny nodded. "Who doesn't love chocolate cake?"

***
Draco was hovering around the restaurant, hoping to catch a glimpse of Blaise and Luna's date. Hermione was in the cake shop and he wandered over to the Daily Prophet store.

"I will get you, Malfoy so that all will go back to how it was before." Draco read aloud the cover title. In his gut, he felt a bad feeling form and that was only enforced when he heard footsteps behind him.

The street seemed to darken as he turned and came face to face with the same cloaked, hooded figure. "Drop your wand." Draco did not. They both raised their wands and began to duel. "You could've come willingly, guess I'll have to go for your girlfriend." He shot down the street and burst into the cake shop, Draco chasing him.

Out of nowhere came 3 men in hooded masks that Draco knew all too well. They began to fight.

***
Inside the shop, pure chaos had erupted. Mrs Weasley had begun to duel and cake was everywhere. Narcissa Malfoy had been pushed behind the mysterious figure and was in a corner, shaking with fear. Ginny and Pansy were taking cheap shots at the man while defending Hermione and Mrs Weasley.

Hermione was watching Draco duel the Death Eaters with bated breath through the window. He was tiring and as much as Hermione wanted to help him she knew she couldn't. Pansy and Ginny were trying to get her out, through the back where she could Disapparate for help but Hermione wouldn't budge. Finally, Mrs Weasley fell, stunned and Narcissa Malfoy stepped in with Ginny.

Narcissa had only known Molly for a short period of time but she had come to love Molly's motherly nature and at school had respected the older girl for her kindness. Ginny finally stunned him and Narcissa was quick to tie him up.