(4) *Tord*

The last period of the school day wasn't bad. I didn't mind hanging out with Jane. 

The teacher, if you can call him a teacher, wasn't mean. Well I'm sure if you interrupted him while he was watching...whatever the fuck he was watching on his lap top, he'd get pretty angry.

I was talking with Jane, and she brought up Sam as a subject. 

"Okay, you know Sam?" She asked.

"Um, yeah, that's Tom's friend right?" I asked in reply.

"Yeah, don't trust her, I know a lot about her, she's not who she seems to be. That quiet persona is just a cover up for who she really is. Never let your guard down around her, and if she does anything that seems sketchy tell Tom as fast as possible." She ranted in a hushed voice.

"Who is she really? What's so bad about her?" I asked in reply.

Those were a select few of the questions I had at the time.

"Well, she, for one, is very quiet because she listens to everyone's conversations, that's why I'm trying to be as quiet as possible right now. She knows almost everything about everyone in this school. Now she's never used the information against someone, but I've read her diary, she knows everything. Don't be fooled by her mousy mask, or you could say 'cover up'. She's just trying to mess with your mind so you don't suspect she's listening. She draws pictures of all of her crushes, and draws comics of her romantic fantasies. She's not 'normal', and while she is bullied every day, she's most likely planning to take over the school with all the info she's collected over the seven years that I've known her. Be careful!" She warned in an even quieter hushed tone.

I nodded.

Looking over in Tom and Sam's direction I saw Sam whispering in Tom's ear. It made sense that I couldn't hear a thing she said due to the twenty or so teens just chatting away. I was wondering what she was telling him. I saw Tom nod at her, and then Tom walked over to Edd and Matt. I chose to do the same, and joined their conversation with Jane following close behind.

"So, Tom, what do you really know about Sam?" Edd asked, clearly worried for his friend's safety.

"Well, I did just meet her today, but she doesn't seem the type to tell everyone everything I've ever kept away from the world. She, and I have a lot in common from what she's told me." Tom replied, and looked over at his companion.

Edd nodded, and then turned to me.

"And Tord, what do you see in Jane that makes you trust her so fast?" Edd asked, basically saying the same thing to me in a different wording.

"Well, she seemed nice, and we just kind of clicked." I replied, as I knew I could trust her from the start, and she really is pretty nice.

I turned to Jane to find she was glaring at something- well, rather someone. I followed her gazed, and found she was glaring at Sam, who was glaring right back at her.

I didn't have much of a problem with the quiet, introverted girl called "Sam". She seemed nice, and the idea that she'd be evil in any way surprised me. So when Jane told me Sam was not to be trusted I was confused. I don't know Jane very well, and while I do find her quite the catch, I'm not going to be on board with everything she says/does.

I looked away from the pair, and continued to talk to Edd and Matt. Not as much Tom though, I didn't think he'd want to talk with me, so I steered clear of speaking with him. I didn't want to upset him in any way, no, that kind of scared me. Sure Tom was small, but he was intimidating for sure.