(5) *Tom* Thursday, August 2nd

WARNING, MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL/SEXUAL ABUSE AND DEPRESSION! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I woke up, and blinked a few times until everything began to focus. I sighed seeing I was still in my horrible household. I got out of my bed, not bothering to make it up 

Why would I? It just gets messed up again anyway.

I looked in my closet, and grabbed a black t-shirt that read, "'I need Mountain Dew Red!'" in white letters.

It's a Be More Chill Reference. I don't even really like BMC, but my mom loved it, and she wore that shirt all the time. I miss her so much.

I also grabbed some black skinny jeans, and a blue hoodie. I shoved on my clothes, and rushed out my door, and down the hall. I opened my little sister's door. 

Her name's Tamara, and she's the only thing truly I love in this world. She, and I were friends from the beginning, well, her beginning. She's a Freshman in high school, but, unlike me, dad likes her, so he drives her to school, while I have to take the bus. 

That day I wouldn't let her go to school in that asshole's car. 

She told me the day before that on the way back from school dad made her...it makes me sick to think about it. In case you haven't caught on to this theme, my dad sexually abuses my sister. 

And I can't do a thing about it, because every time I go to the police station they say, "Sorry, we'll get right on that," in a sarcastic voice. I've tried so many times! But they never do anything!

I went into my little sister's room, and walked over to her sleeping figure. She was snuggled up under her dark blue covers, and clutching a black stuffed cat that mom gave her.

Mom gave us both stuffed animals before she died, I got Tomie bear, and she got a stuffed cat she named Spike. She named him after Spike in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She fell in love with his character and that inspired the name.

"Tamara," I said softly, "Tamara, it's time to wake up," I added, slightly shaking her.

"No, I was just at the good part, " She mumbled, while trying her best to reach up and slap me, but failing.

I rolled my eyes, and picked her up, dragging her out of her bed.

"No, no, no, NO!" She exclaimed, trying to grab anything that would keep her on her bed.

"Tam, shh, you're gonna wake up dad!" I whisper yelled, trying to get her to shut up.

He mouth instantly shut after that.

"Okay, well, put me down so I can put on clothes!" She whisper yelled back.

I set her down on the floor, and she got up. She walked over to her closet, and grabbed an outfit almost identical to mine. Her shirt said, "Freeze your brain," in red letters though.

She went into her bathroom to change, and then walked back out to greet me.

"You said you'd take me to the bus stop today, right?" She asked.

"Yep," I replied, and lead her out of her room. I went down stairs where we grabbed our backpacks, and walked out of the door quietly.

It was early, so no one would be there yet.

Or...that's what I thought.