| Chapter 14 |question|

When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless
Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen
I might not be the same but that's not important
No freedom til we're equal
Damn right I support it.
~~

A shiver went up Kyros's spine as he though of the possibilities of confessing what he felt to Jasper. None of the possibilities ended well. So he decided to ignore it once again, running from his problems once again, which would most likely end up disastrous, once again.

Drew and Adam were silently working beside him and he felt a sense of companionship from them. Their relationship had suffered so many hard hits but the both of them bounced back each time. Now, they were happy.

They were an example that hard times would always lead to good times, or at the very least better times, but Kyros doubted his 'better time' would ever come.

He had committed too many sins for that.

He had suffered the repercussions as well.

But with Jasper's entry into the tragic drama that was his life at least he would have someone to share the tragedy with. Both of them had been through though times and sometimes it felt good to see that you weren't alone and that there was actually someone who was as deep in the rift as you.

He mindlessly washed the dishes as thousands of thoughts flitted through his mind. His brain was a trap and his thoughts a rifle, but he couldn't help run all the moments of his miserable life through his memory.

As his thoughts got the better of him, Kyros failed to notice that his hands were getting pruned in the washing water. He failed to notice that his bandage was completely soaked through. He also failed to notice the stitches on his wound had opened up, tearing the healing skin apart.

Only when the soapy water seeped into his wound did he realise that his stitches had dissolved in the water. His bandage was becoming bloody and the water was now coloured a light shade of pink which was turning into a dark crimson, refracting through the bubbles.

At first, he couldn't really comprehend what was happening and the pinkish water seemed such a beautiful shade that he couldn't help staring at it but then Drew let out a shriek and wrenched Kyros's hand out of the crimson water, snapping him back to his senses.

The wound on his arm was burning. The wet bandage seemed like a snake, coiled tightly around the wound to cause nothing but pain and still coiling tightly, choking it slowly, steadily. Kyros felt faint for a moment, before he forced himself to gather his senses and be strong.

Strong like he had always forced himself to be.

Drew was in full hyperventilation mode by now and Adam felt like telling him to calm down because with Drew crying and shrieking, Adam was torn between comforting his love or taking care of Kyros."There's blood, Kyros there's blood coming out of you arm! Help him, Adam! Someone stop the bleeding, please!"

People had drawn around the drama like magnets and Adam was glaring at almost everyone like an overprotective father, daring them to come closer and see the consequences.

Kyros thought just seeing the wound was hurting Drew more than the actual wound was hurting Kyros. He took Drew's arm with his good hand just held him. Drew was snuffling by now and Adam was awkwardly holding both him and Kyros in a huge hug. Adam whispered in Drew's ear, "He'll be okay. He's not crying, see? Means he's not hurting that much." He gently rubbed Drew's shoulder and dropped a kiss on the man's forehead.

Kyros suddenly felt like an intruder.

There was nothing they could do till it was time to go back to the cell, so Drew contented himself by ordering Kyros to rest and trying to wrap the bloody bandage back around the wound. But that didn't work, the soapy bandage was bloody and sticky, only causing Kyros more pain on his wound which seemed to burn harsher by the minute. The only good thing was that the bleeding had stopped.