|prologue|

He knew this was bound to happen.

It was all his fault, he had made the decision and he would pay for it now. It had been foolish of him to think he could trust that man so easily, he had been naive when he believed they wouldn't get caught.

Now, he would pay for it.

Maybe he was insane, maybe he was a sadist, maybe his brain was too damaged to be repaired, but he found a weak satisfaction in being captured like this.

At least now, he would be among people like him.

He would belong.

Men surrounded him from all sides.

They wore overalls, covered their faces with breathing masks and never touched him with anything but gloves. As if he would corrupt them too. As if he would kill them with a disease only they knew of.

He felt many things. Like he was a walking plague rat, a malaria mosquito, cholera carrying water.

Like he was not human.

They forcefully took him out of his house and threw him onto the floor of their sleek car, their legs kicking him whenever he tried to move or even made a sound.

He struggled against their hold, almost freeing his arms and making a run for it, but they put cuffs on his wrists and chains on his legs. He was completely tied down to the floor of their car.

He never felt his heart beat heavier than this.

It was more than the chains that tied him down, it was his heart.

It was a traitor. A sinner.

It absolutely refused to be normal, like everybody else's.

The men whispered words of scorn around him, their body language screaming what they didn't.

Undeserving.

Creature.

Animal.

Faggot.

They tied the cloth over his mouth, cutting off his oxygen. As he slowly lost consciousness, he saw the true nature of the world he was born in.

The disdain, the fear, the prejudice.

They clung on to everything that destroyed them.

His eyes drifted shut.

And he couldn't help but think dying was better than living in a world built upon stupid insecurities.

~~
This one will be short and sweet,
But one hell of a ride.