| Chapter 12 |realisation|

Closed off from love, I didn't need the pain
Once or twice was enough, but it was all in vain
Time starts to pass, before you know it, you're frozen
But something happened, for the very first time with you
My heart melts into the ground, found something true
And everyone's looking round, thinking I'm going crazy

~~

Kyros felt a heavy weight on his chest.

Something was on it and whatever it was, it had an extremely warm body and a ticklish breath. It was also hard, but a nice kind of hard. That something shifted, moving closer.

Kyros liked it.

A lot.

Then he smelt something stale, something very bad, blowing right into his nose.

His eyes opened at the foul sensation, it took him a few moments to wake up properly. He turned his head away from the foul air and sighed. He had been having a great sleep, but it was all ruined now. He turned his head back, holding his breath.

And he noticed the body wrapped around him.

He took a while to come to terms with what was happening. Jasper was half lying on the floor and half on Kyros, arms around his chest and head on his shoulder with his morning breath blowing right into his face.

His first thought was that Jasper would catch a fever, lying on the cold floor for so long. His second thought was that he wanted to sleep this way everyday.

His third thought was that he couldn't let Jasper wake up to them in that position.

He remembered how they had been in the same position yesterday, and how Jasper had hurriedly shifted away when he awoke. Kyros had been hurt by the gesture, but he couldn't really blame Jasper for wanting to get away from a man he barely knew.

So he shifted till he was the one lying on the floor and Jasper rolled onto the mattress, seeking the warmth that had suddenly disappeared. Kyros rolled his shoulders a few times, readying himself for what he was about to do.

He looked at the sleeping man, "How do you manage to roll over 5 feet? Then you sleep on the floor. Haze."

[Haze- idiot]

Finally, taking a deep breath, he picked the sleeping man up from the mattress and held him in his arms.

With Jasper's face so close to his, the morning breath was even more foul and Kyros wished he would get away from that smell as soon as possible. Jasper, unaware of what was going on, just cuddled up into Kyros.

Kyros could do nothing but hold on tighter.

"Einai poly leptos gia na einai ugihs." He muttered underneath his breath and prayed that Jasper wouldn't wake up. He walked to the other mattress and gently put Jasper's still sleeping form down, watching as the man curled up.

[Einai poly leptos gia na einai ugihs- He is too thin to be healthy. ]

The sleeping man turned and tossed a few times, looking for the lost warmth, before settling into a position he liked and promptly starting to snore again.

Kyros smiled.

His feelings were too confusing for him to figure out himself but somehow he found himself welcoming them in slowly now.

He was thankful to meet Jasper.

It was then that he realised that he actually had quite a lot of things to be thankful for; Jasper treating his wound, getting those chocolates, not having to be alone, having someone to look forward to.