ruler's rules

Hawaiian Party ~ Cub Sport
" You never feel like going downtown, do you?
You flew North for the winter and now you have the blues "
___________________________

Hawaiian Party ~ Cub Sport" You never feel like going downtown, do you?You flew North for the winter and now you have the blues "___________________________

XVIII

d o n o v a n

THE RULER OF HIS VERY own palace came sauntering down the stairs, devil horns shooting from a headband on his head to a surprisingly realistic tail attached to the low of his back.

Fake blood dripped from the corners of his mouth. Sharp fangs stuck tightly on to his teeth past his red-lined lips. Even his eyes seemed to glow a deadly crimson, guarded beneath a stubborn yet just pair of eyebrows.

Jaxen held two party cups filled with courage and handed them to Aria and I, though Aria declined politely. "Glad you guys could make it to the party."

Even I could see the blush cover her cheeks. "Thanks. It's... nice."

"You ever been to one before?" Jaxen asked, leaning into her a little closer than I was comfortable with.

"No actually. I haven't."

"All you gotta do is follow the rules."

My forehead crinkled when I followed his finger, pointing to a sign with colourfully written party laws. They were as followed:

H O U S E P A R T Y R U L E S
• drama violators will be punched •
• nice try b*tch. no smoking inside •
• no sleeping before midnight •
• don't drink 'n drive. keys go to randall •
• go big or go home •
• no means no •
• kuzma will break your face if you break my stuff •
• have fun f*ckers •

"Charming," Aria smirked, amused eyes glowing beneath dim lighting.

"Just thought I'd lay down a few ground rules before getting the party started."

Something green seethed and writhed inside of me, coiling back like a garden snake. The way Jaxen looked at Aria, the way his lips curled into a fox of a smile. Something didn't sit quite well in my stomach.

Slipping away and letting the two of them talk, I felt my back collide with someone else's. When I saw who it was, my embarrassment turned to annoyance.

Bronson's dark eyes were boring into mine. Not the most playful part of his ensemble, that's for sure.

"Well looke what we have here." His arm swung over my neck like a rope. "Decided to show up?"

"I was coming anyways."

"Oh yeah? And where's the girl?"