Red is Actually... Cute?

Finally updated! I've been had this chapter I've just finally had the time to update it! I'm really sorry. I'll try to make them quicker! But enjoy my lovely's!

"Avery? What are you doing?"

Remember when you were younger and your parents caught you doing something you weren't supposed to and you'd have that 'I just got caught face'?

No? Let's get in depth then shall we? Remember when your mom bought some new cookies and put them in the cookie jar and made you promise you wouldn't go get any, but you ended up doing it anyway and happened to get caught in the act?

Oh the memories.

"Hi" I said withdrawing my hand from his face. God I was an idiot. He probably thought I was some type of weirdo. "What are you doing here?" He asked sitting up on the couch wincing in pain. I could tell he had been sleeping there for a while.

"I think a better question is what are you doing here?" I raised an eyebrow, looking at the slight red bruise appearing on his neck.

"I asked you first"

"I asked you second?"

"That's not fair."

"Life isn't fair porkchop. Why are you here?" I deplaned only because I was honestly chickening out about telling him the truth of why I actually came but still it was a legit question.

He looked at me for a second studying me. I was noticing how his lips curved into an all-knowing smirk. It drew me back to that night he kissed me in my apartment. It was small but yet memorizing.

"I guess I fell asleep." He answered. "With the door unlock?" Maybe I was crazy but who in the hell would sleep anywhere in New York with their door unlock? Defiantly in a club. "It was? I thought I locked it." He said recalling his thoughts.

"Ah ha!! So you knew you were staying the night here." I half yelled pointing at him. "What? Wait no. I was working and by myself so I just locked the door. Well I thought I did anyway." He muttered. If I didn't take psychology in highschool or want to become a lawyer I wouldn't have known he was lying. He was just that good. I was gonna let him have his victory in the so called lie.

For now.

"Oh what are you working on?" I asked curiously. He stood up and I reluctantly stepped backed back giving him space to stretch. "Paper work?" He answered in more of a question or sarcasm. I couldn't really tell so I just rolled my eyes.

I followed him to the stairs while keeping a good distance. I didn't trust myself in a close proximity of him. I watched him dangerously flex his back muscles while walking up the stairs.

My beef jerky....

"You know? You never said why you came by my club." He said stopping in the mid of the stairs looking back at me over his shoulders. It took me a minute to fully function on what he had said because I was too busy checking him out. I blushed at my own actions, I was sure he knew too. "I wanted a drink." I said confidently looking at him intently."Yeah sure you did." He smirked continuing walking to the top of the stairs.

Once we reached the top of the stairs I was exhausted. "I did! What's so wrong with a girl wanting a drink?" I asked with my hands on my hips, breathing deeply. My feet and calfs were hurting but I was determined not to show him how out of shape I was. He turned and faced me right before opening his office door. "Yeah. At like 8 in the morning?"

Wait what? Holy... I forgot it was only eight in the morning. How did he know what time it was?

"I'm an earlier drinker?" He laughed and opened the door walking in, flipping on the light. It was a pretty big office, almost the same as mine. "What's up with you and the whole dark vibe?" I asked looking at the interior of the room. Everything was black. Black walls, black chairs, a black couch, a black table, a black desk. "What's so wrong with black?"