Chapter 1: Fasks

I am different. I know I am different. I, along with the other people in Tajika have a brain. Which is illegal. On Nescal everyone is computer generated. Our bodies are normal, they are exactly as they were a thousand years ago. Except for one alternation, our brains.

Our brains are made to think like electronics. Electronics are what matters most these days. They are a part of us. In the year 4000, Jason Riley removed the human brain and swapped it with a fask. A fask is like a brain but all wires and technology. The government owns the hard drive. The hard drive is what runs everyones fask. The hard drive was invented to keep everyone in order, under control, and doing exactly as the government wants.

Jason Riley didn't like the world as it was. He didn't like the constant rioting, fighting, all of the wars. He wanted to control everyone's minds so that there was no more fighting, no more wars and so on. No more thinking for yourself. No more thinking at all.

Jason Riley had a lot of power. He was a scientist but also craved power when he was working. He worked for years creating the first fask. He worked long and hard trying to make it so that someone would survive with it inside their head. He was the smartest man alive because now, in 5768, people are born with them. Don't ask me how. I have no idea how he managed to do it but everyone has one. Except for the marked ones. I am a marked one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I hope you guys like the story so far. I am trying to get the story moving along. Follow me on twitter to know when I update!

@horrortigergirl

Like and comment what you think :)

S.C