Pt. 2

The next day Paige calls a club meeting to the clubhouse in Silverglade. All the members fill up the room and a few have to stand near the back. When I walk in with my friends Gold and Sasha, the floors are draped with a red cloth. The tables are lined up and have floral decorations placed on them. The chandelier has been polished and the whole place seems clean and new. The owner's chair, along with the chairs for the leaders, is placed in the front of the room. Everyone is seated in their respective places. I glance around the room and see a few empty chairs. As I usher Gold and Sasha to their seats, Paige starts her speech.

"Today we will be receiving new members for the club." Cheers erupt from all around the room and a smile spreads on Paige's face. Every time we get new recruits, it's an exciting event that everyone loves to participate in. One of the main goals in Queen Wolves Legacy is to make newcomers feel as welcome as we can. There's also a lot of room for making new friends.

"In about an hour we will be meeting the new Queens and getting to know them. I expect all of you to stay well-behaved because some of them come from our enemy club, the Blind Hearts." Groans and sighs are heard. "But, since they left Blind Hearts for us, it's obvious that we are the better club! Anyway, best of luck to us Queens and I love you all!"

Everyone cheers and people start to get up and move around. I stand up and follow Gold to where the leaders sit. I stare at where the co-owner's spot is and see the missing chair. I notice that Paige is busied with talking to other high-rankers. I stroll over to the buffet table that has been set up against a wall. Once I get some food, I join Paige in her conversation.

It seems like time flies by as it is already time for the "newbies" to come in. The crowd settles down as we hear hooves against pavement outside the door. The noise ceases and then stops. There's some fiddling with the doors but they finally swing open. A ray of light fills the room, and the room is silent as the new Queens shuffle in. I gape the moment I see her. She's very obvious to spot despite the large crowd.

It's the girl from the grocery store.